Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

furlough waiting for first payment

I phoned virgin media to explain that I would not be able to pay my bill on time and could I have a promise to pay on my account the adviser advised me to cancel my direct debit and everything would be OK it felt like I was been rushed off the phone I understand they are busy  so I canceled my direct debit my bill was £93 on the 9th April for my March services but I have already received my next bill and it is only the 21st April I thought my next one would be 9th May so that bill is £89 my bill credit is £130 so my services have been suspended at the moment as it's caused my bill to be £182 and at the moment with 3 children at home with 3 lots of on line homework and trying to keep entertained this is not ideal so can I phone up and ask to have a bit of help till I get my money which I'm hoping in the next 3weeks or am I wasting my time been on hold also if I do manage to scrap the money together if I bring my bill below my bill credit  by paying £52 will my services go back on as I don't want to make a  payment and skint myself for nothing thanks in advance kind regards jacq 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: furlough waiting for first payment

your bill credit is not for you to miss bills.
You were advised wrong.
Cancelling your DD will not do anything other then make your payment fail and the system will suspend your services. The debt will also just end up with a debt collector and a black mark on your credit file.

You need to call them up again and make sure they deal with it correctly.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks