Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

freeze account

I've had to leave the country because of Covid-19 and although I thought it'd be temporary, it doesn't look like I'm coming back anytime soon.

Is there a way to freeze my account as I don't want to pay for a service I'm not using. The customer service team talked about an early disconnection which is absurd given how high the fee is. It's been impossible to talk to someone at Virgin who has an answer

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: freeze account

If you're struggling with getting through to CS and the Live chat is not currently available on the main VM website when signed in, a text message only service is available via: 07533051809 Just send a text with the issue you are facing and someone will get back to you as soon as they can. Please bear in mind at this time this service does also have a high load and may take quite some time to get back to you.

Not saying this will be suitable but maybe try the following service explaining you're current situation in detail. Response times may vary please keep that in mind. 

Hope this helps

Kieran
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a Virgin Media Field Technician. All and any advice given is based on my experience in the field or my personal experiences with my own set up at home. If my answer was helpful to you please Mark as helpful or consider leaving the post some Kudos.

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

They are absolutely pathetic as well. An agent got back to me 36 hours later and by the time I saw the text and replied, I had to start all over again.

I'm wondering if Virgin will pay attention if I just cancel my direct debit! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Well-informed
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

You can't freeze your account, you either keep paying our pay the early exit fees as per the T&C's of the contract you agreed to.

Cancelling your direct debit will just result in a debt building up and damage to your credit file. 

0 Kudos