cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fees after cancellation even when out of contract.

Sir_Gecko
Tuning in

Hi,

I have cancellled my broadband service today only to be told that i will have to pay a fee of £70 for the next month, even though i have no contract with virgin (i am out of contract). My understanding was that i pay in advance for the month so by cancelling there is no contract for the next month. I specifically cancelled before the end of the month because I did not want to start a new month and pay the extra months worth of fees. why do I need to pay a full months money for a service i will not be using?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You are subject to a 30day notice period on any disconnection request, regardless of whether you are in or out of your minimum contractual term. All that happens when you are "out of contract" is that you have completed the minimum term and there are no penalties for early cancellation.

Section N of the T&C's cover this, specifically the third point down.

T&C from Nov 2022 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Arissa_H
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Sir_Gecko 👋🏼.

Thank you for posting. Welcoming you back onto our community forum 😊.

Sorry for the miss understanding ☹. 

You don't pay for a month in advance, have you given 30 days notice?

Is your connection completely disconnected? 

Thank you. 

Ari - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi,

I have given my notice (and been told to recycle my router etc) but still have service. I was under the impression that i did not need to pay for any service i did not want out of contract. so i could cancel fee free.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You are subject to a 30day notice period on any disconnection request, regardless of whether you are in or out of your minimum contractual term. All that happens when you are "out of contract" is that you have completed the minimum term and there are no penalties for early cancellation.

Section N of the T&C's cover this, specifically the third point down.

T&C from Nov 2022 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks