Menu
Highlighted
lynette1
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

extension of contract

My grandson recently added sports channel to my tv without my knowledge. As soon as I discovered this I phoned to cancel knowing I would have to pay a months subscription.My problem is that I have noticed that my contract length has been extended. I telephoned customer services and was reassured that it would still expire in October but my contract still hasn't been altered.How can I rectify this

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: extension of contract

normally adding/removing services triggers a contract renewal, is your grandson the account holder?, how long was the sports channel added? since if its passed 7/14 passed the cooling off period.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

Highlighted
lynette1
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I am the account holder and I cancelled the day after the channel was added but my contract has still been extended

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

ohh since far as i know only the account holder can change the package, but if this was done online would recommend changing password so cant be done again, since you cancelled the day after it should have refereed back to previous contract.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your post and sorry to hear of the confusion with your contract.

If you take a look at your contract on your online account please check under the 'Your Contract Started' area next to the 'Date of Change'. If this still says the date the original contract began then there would be no new contract started due to the change, if this instead matches the date of change there may have been a new contract started due to the change of package. 

Please let us know how this goes.

Thank you, Emily.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@Emily_G wrote:

Thank you for your post and sorry to hear of the confusion with your contract.

If you take a look at your contract on your online account please check under the 'Your Contract Started' area next to the 'Date of Change'. If this still says the date the original contract began then there would be no new contract started due to the change, if this instead matches the date of change there may have been a new contract started due to the change of package. 

Please let us know how this goes.

Thank you, Emily.

on a wider question is the contract valid if as the OP says it changed by a 3rd party all be it a relation - assuming the 3rd party did not know the account password and that needs checking how did they convince the agent to do a package change

Tony
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

This would be the question of how he would have put this through. If over the phone and he provided the security answers this would be valid, if he added this through the Tivo box and inputted the pin to do so this would also be valid and it would be at the agents discretion after checking the usage of the channels added whether or not this can be reverted back to before the change. Some additions don't include a full contract change so if this was just some channels added it would be unlikely that a contract would be renewed for this, however, I'd like the original poster to check this if they're worried this may have done so.

Thank you, Emily.

Highlighted
lynette1
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

My contract start date remains the same but date of change is 10th March and at the bottom it says remaining minimum period 12 months

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to us lynette1

Let's take a look into your account to see when your contract comes to an end for you

Please check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner of the screen for a PM from me

You're also welcome to send me a screenshot from the self-care account in our PM conversation

Kindest regards

David_Bn 

0 Kudos