Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

every year while renewing contract they agree on lower cost and then increase again, greedy virgin

this is ridiculous - and it happens every year!

virgin again - every year while renewing contract they agree on lower cost and then increase again, how to stop their greediness. Mine was agreed at £25 per month, now it is £40!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: every year while renewing contract they agree on lower cost and then increase again, greedy virgin

so they offer you time limted discount for taking out a contract again and you mean when ti expires and you pay the going rate

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: every year while renewing contract they agree on lower cost and then increase again, greedy virgin

Nope my contract got renewed in oct 2018 only, and they have increased the monthly bill

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super solver
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

how long was the discount for. it should say on your bill. october to march is 6 months. that sounds feasible. that discount has ended and now you're paying the normal amount most others are paying.

phone in again i would say.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I have checked the contract today only, it has the monthly tariff that was never agreed on the phone, they should have the voice recording and should listen to that one - the offered amount was £25 per month and it was staying for one year. yes thanks i will call them. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

They don't even want to renew my contract. They tell me contracts are only for new members. If you already had a contract before they just wanna charge you the maximum price. I'm very disappointed from them as this wasn't the case for the last 8 years I've been with them.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: every year while renewing contract they agree on lower cost and then increase again, greedy v...

Hi ZarakiK,

When did you last speak to the retentions team?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi All, 

Sorry for picking up this topic again:(

I had planned to leave virgin after my contact got over in Oct 2019, so I had a very good deal and was about to switch to new supplier on 18th Dec 2019. The retention team called me and offered me discount and agreed to send me in writing that bill would remain fixed for 18th months. I have chased them via email as well called them twice and I haven't received this confirmation. So this gives me feeling of bad intention 😞 

Please help me, i want this in writing that my bill won't increase at all for next 18 month and this was promised during my contract renewal. 

Regards, 

Gurmeet 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: every year while renewing contract they agree on lower cost and then increase again, greedy v...

Hello gurmeet1967

Thanks for your post, no need to apologise, we are here to help. What email address have you been trying to contact the team on?

Thanks Joe_F

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Joe. The below email and I have called them as well and they said they would send this confirmation straightaway. 

Gurmeet Singh
Wed 18/12/2019 13:27
  • You;
  •  Virgin Media;
  •  theteam@mailing.virginmedia.com

Hi, 

As I had mentioned during our discussion today, that I don't want to pay more than £XX per month for next 18th months, i want that promise in writing please - that this bill won't increase at all for 18th months. Historically, Virgin had increased the bills 2-3 times during contractual period/term and i don't want this happening again. This contact is not agreed/signed by me till i get this!!!

Regards,
Gurmeet
0 Kudos