Menu
sarah2king
Just joined
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

early cancellation student at uni

I am a student and my contact is 24 months for wifi but we will be graduating this year so will need to leave after 12 months. I explained this on the phone to virign media and they ensured they would put it on my notes that there will be no early cancellation fee but I am worried incase there is. As students, we cannot afford to pay 12 months worth of wifi after leaving uni. I have explained to virgin media that we are not going to be leaving to find a better service but simply we will be all moving to different cities and no longer living as a house. Do you think they will stick to what they said about leaving and not getting charged?

0 Kudos
用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: early cancellation student at uni

Issue has been flagged to forum team who will hopefully be able to confirm the note entry with you; be aware it can take them a few days to respond.

In the meantime consider making a subject access request for notes and recordings in case the verbal statement went unnoted by writing to either:

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

you can make a GDPR subject action request here 🙂

you can make a subject access request to anyone that works for a company. its up to that person to make sure it passed to the correct person.

How do we recognise a subject access request (SAR)?

An individual can make a SAR verbally or in writing, including on social media. A request is valid if it is clear that the individual is asking for their own personal data. An individual does not need to use a specific form of words, refer to legislation or direct the request to a specific contact.

An individual may ask a third party (eg a relative, friend or solicitor) to make a SAR on their behalf. You may also receive a SAR made on behalf of an individual through an online portal. Before responding, you need to be satisfied that the third party making the request is entitled to act on behalf of the individual. It is the third party’s responsibility to provide evidence of their authority.

https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-data-protection/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-r....

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi @sarah2king, thanks for posting and welcome to our community.  

I am sorry to hear you're concerned as to whether or not one of my colleagues has confirmed in your notes as to whether or not your contract will be enforced.  I can check this on your behalf. To enable me to do so, I am going to send you a private message.  Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R

0 Kudos