Menu
Ronnierome
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

does anyone ever answer

phoning is a waste of time , online chat is a joke. does anyone actually do any work at virgin media ??? 

no one answers phone , no one ever comes onto chat. 

oh hang on theres a pandemic they can use as an excuse !!! 

GET IT SORTED AND STOP TREATING PEOPLE LIKE FOOLS !!

0 Kudos
Shafreya
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: does anyone ever answer

In answer to your title, yes people do answer.

For a more serious answer, yes there is a pandemic, it effects the reply times for phone and chat. Perhaps try at a less busy time, or if you look in some other threads (I don't have the number to hand) there is a text number you can message and they will contact you when someone is available.

carl_pearce
Superstar
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@Ronnierome wrote:

phoning is a waste of time , online chat is a joke. does anyone actually do any work at virgin media ??? 

no one answers phone , no one ever comes onto chat. 

oh hang on theres a pandemic they can use as an excuse !!! 

GET IT SORTED AND STOP TREATING PEOPLE LIKE FOOLS !!

You aren't the only customer phoning in...

0 Kudos
jamesofmerton
Super solver
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

'oh hang on theres a pandemic they can use as an excuse !!!'

it is hardly an excuse. my old company. 92 people full compliment of call centre staff. how many do you think they have currently? FOUR PEOPLE. That's right all having to deal with a totally unmanageable workload working long hours and stressed to the hilt being abused by customers. the rest are on furlough or have the virus, self isolating.

not every company is able to offer work from home, logistically or due to the data protection act.

it is annoying having to wait in a queue for 5 hours or get no response from a company, but no one is doing it to pee customers off i can assure you.
Ronnierome
Tuning in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

no excuse for not taking on more homeworking staff , grdp can still be implemented so stop sticking up for them , as for waiting in a queue for 5 hours !!! you get disconnected before an hour. their customer service is a complete joke , no wonder they are losing so many customers !!

0 Kudos
apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

GDPR would mean home visits for components. it's harder than you think.

Can you prove someone's home network is secure. Files are locked away and restored correctly, No one else has access to the computer and can't see or hear the phone calls.

How will you check and enforce this?
Ronnierome
Tuning in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

if you don't know how other firms make it secure then you shouldnt really mention it. 

i know how our company does it hence why not taking on extra homeworking staff is just a cost cutting excersise.

0 Kudos
apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

you know nothing or you would share.

I'm GDPR trained i know the rules its not as simple. would you want me to have your personal data at home?
0 Kudos
Kev_B
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi everyone,

Please keep this discussion civil. I know there are some strong emotions, but chipping away at each other isn't going to achieve anything. If you've got a valid contribution to the OP's message, then please feel free to contribute, otherwise please keep your thoughts to yourself.

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos