Menu
unhappywithVM
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

disgusting service

I spent over 40m on hold to VM, after getting nowhere with their chat service for days !! my mother has added me onto her account in order to assist, she lost her job last year (thanks Covid) and she is getting on a bit now. we've been with VM since mid 2000s. 

After finally getting through to someone, at an Indian callcentre, I asked if I could apply my NHS Discount to the account to be told no , they did not have that option !! I explained my mum is a pensioner and has lost her job, and we have been customers for ages so was there anything they could do or any reduction that could be applied?

When I told the advisor about the situation with my mum and her struggling to find the money, there wasn't a shred of empathy, acknowledgement or anything- simply told that we have the 'best price' which is not true.

disgusting service and we should have left years ago, and will now be looking to leave - Sky seems much better.

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: disgusting service

Hi unhappywithVM,

The best course of action is to speak to retentions (thinking of leaving us)  and either negotiate a new contract or place a cancellation request.

As far as I can see the NHS Discount only applies to new customer registrations, so if you and your mum do decide to stay with VM then see which is best, the discounted offer, or new registration offer. I would think it would be the registration as a new customer, with or without the NHS discount.

Have you looked at the following sites? https://healthservicediscounts.com/   and https://www.bluelightcard.co.uk/ to see if either are available for yourself and also check any available NHS VM discount, and other providers

EDIT   added the VM partners link https://www.virginmediapartners.com/vmmap

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
unhappywithVM
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

thanks for replying but my mum is in her 70s and is not in a position to 'negotiate' anything with a rude advisor who has 

a- absolutely zero interest

b- no compassion

and c- NO INTEREST!!

thanks for the nhs links, but at almost £70 a month for tv/broadband/phone this is too much- sky have quoted £42, but according to you guys my mum is getting the best deal possible...

i don't think so.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@unhappywithVM wrote:

thanks for the nhs links, but at almost £70 a month for tv/broadband/phone this is too much- sky have quoted £42, but according to you guys my mum is getting the best deal possible...

There's 2 mainstream broadband networks in the UK. Virgin, and everyone else who uses Openreach-based lines.

Having done the exact same thing recently, part of the Sky "build my package" online process includes a check of what speeds a) Can be expected, and b) Are guaranteed, at a given address.

Make sure the offered speeds from Sky are sufficient for your mum's needs - which I would imagine are (no offence intended) quite basic.

Covid restrictions aside, you may be able to get your Mum to call VM, pass the security process and then get you to negotiate on her behalf. If she's happy to give you her account password, you may be able to use third-party authority to do the same.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos