Menu
chrisleonard467
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

damage to property on installation

I had virgin media install a broadband tv and telephone system some months ago. The broadband is a lot slower than the promised speeds and the wifi has never worked properly. Damage was done to my mahogany flooring where the installer dragged furniture around without lifting it and he left dent and grooves in the solid wood flooring. The installer also managed to damage my outside brickwork. The installer came back to inspect and admitted fault and promised virgin would rectify all the problems. However after numerous telephone calls and visits from so-called area managers virgin did send experts to rectify the damage. The experts said the damage was so bad it could not be rectified and the flooring needed to be replaced. The brickwork was mended by cementing the hole left on the front of my home leaving it looking ugly. I again tried telephoning virgin after they never replied to any complaint emails. I was promised call backs but none ever happened. I wrote 5 or 6 letters but none were ever replied to. I went through virgins resolver complaint system but virgin did not acknowledge the complaint on resolver. I eventually resorted to complaining the the Ombudsman. Virgin did reply to the ombudsman refusing to accept any decision it reached as damage to property did not come under the remit of the ombudsman. I sent am email to the CEO of virgin only to be told that he no longer worked for virgin. I am now stuck months after virgin caused the damage with no written replies from virgin and virgin refusing to attempt to sort my losses out. I have tried very avenue I can and ask if the community can help me get me make virgin at least talk to me about the damage they caused. 

0 Kudos
wez
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: damage to property on installation

You will need to raise a complaint and it will likely be passed onto the legal team.

You can raise a complaint online or over the phone.

0 Kudos
chrisleonard467
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for that Wes. Sadly I have raised a complaint which is why area managers and so called experts on repairs were sent to my home. As nothing happened I raised a complaint on a number of occasions but Virgin just refuse to reply to anything, either emails, letters or telephone calls from me or contact from Resolver [who are virgins recommended complaints procedure] or the ombudsman. You may be also aware that Virgin take ages answering the phone [didn't answer after 30 mins of ringing on each of the last few days] Any further help would be much appreciated as Virgin so far seem to be ignoring me. and trying to make it impossible for me to claim compensation for all the damage they caused.

0 Kudos
crany
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

The other thing would be small claims court if they continued to refuse to talk to you

0 Kudos
DABhand
Super solver
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

im actually surprised the Ombudsman helped you without a deadlock letter from VM.

Majide!
0 Kudos
chrisleonard467
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply M. Yes the ombudsman did try to help but Virgin did send a deadlock letter to them saying they would not allow the ombudsman to make any decision as they said it was not in the remit of the Ombudsman to make decisions on damage to property. The ombudsman is the only written proof that Virgin have been aware of this problem but they have not made any effort to contact me directly to discuss the matter even though I have written, emailed and telephoned. 

0 Kudos
DABhand
Super solver
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Technically they are right depending on what ombudsman you went to they may not have the power to do anything, you could talk to them about a small claims court visit in regards to costs to fix the problems caused if you get nowhere. Just make sure to document everything with pictures or video to show the damage and the poor work on your wall when they "repaired" it.

Hopefully it will get sorted out for you quickly, maybe one of the staff will look into it more if they can for you.

Also Majide is Japanese for Really? (in surprised tone). Sorta my experience with VM for the last 13 years or so summed into 1 word Smiley Happy

Majide!
0 Kudos