Menu
phil581
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

damage to garden wall

Hi All

I have been a VM customer for just over 3 years & have been very happy with service so far. Recently the adjoining house (semi detached houses) had a VM installation carried out. After the installation was completed I see that the engineers have damaged my garden wall & exposed my existing VM cable. Whilst drilling through the wall part of a brick at ground level has broken away & was left on the pavement. I made several complaints via my account with no response what so ever. In fact I received an email to say they had tried ringing. They did not, I have a phone which saves last 20 numbers, in fact with VM voicemail they should have left a message. I did ring & spoke with a lady (28/1/21) who promised to get someone out. A guy from 'Kier' came out the next day (no notice just turned up) he accepted that engineers had damaged the wall, he stated he could repair this & said he used to be a bricklayer (really) I ageed if the repair was acceptable he could rectify it, he promised to come back on 2/2/21, and of course he never showed up. I made a further complaint via my account & still no one has contacted me. In fact I dont want this guy back now I would like a VM manager to come out & agree with me how we can rectify this damage. I am more annoyed now with VM lack of response than I am with the damage to the wall. May I suggest getting an estimate from a local builder & sending the bill to VM.

Kind Regards to all sorry for the long post.

0 Kudos
theinternetguy
Tuning in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: damage to garden wall

Hi @phil581 

Sorry about this. Will flag this thread so someone from VM may see it. 

0 Kudos
phil581
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi
Thanks for that, being new to this I wasn't sure if I should just wait.
0 Kudos
theinternetguy
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Yeah due to the current circumstances, they may take up to 4 days to reply. You should hopefully get one soon. 

0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi phil581, thanks for the message and are sorry to hear about the damage which has occured. I will send you a private message so that this can be looked into further for you. Chris