cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cut off after an hour

NeilM4
Joining in

Just been cut off after an hour of waiting (not the first time). Anyone else had this.

Called four times in the last month and been told that much rubbish I'm thinking of leaving virgin media.

I'm a disabled man and have been a customer for over 14 years. Each time I've managed to get to speak to someone I've come away more frustrated than when I went on.

Trying to reduce my bills has finished up in me paying higher bills for a lesser service.

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post these things as I'm not that tech savi.

It seems to me that once virgin media has your money they are not interested in sorting things out.

Anyone else feel the frustration (I've had to delete all the expletives I feel).

By the way - being disabled these days is always like this  - what went wrong with the world.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@NeilM4 wrote:

Trying to reduce my bills has finished up in me paying higher bills for a lesser service.

Without knowing your combination of services, then general advice...

Price up the services you have/need, from both VM and alternative providers. Decide how willing you are to disconnect VM and have alternate suppliers installed. Then call VM to negotiate a (most likely) 18month minimum term at a price you're happy with.

Some of VM's products, notably landline telephony, attract bundle discounts that make it cheaper to have the service than not.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@NeilM4 wrote:

Without knowing your combination of services, then general advice...

Price up the services you have/need, from both VM and alternative providers. Decide how willing you are to disconnect VM and have alternate suppliers installed. Then call VM to negotiate a (most likely) 18month minimum term at a price you're happy with.

Some of VM's products, notably landline telephony, attract bundle discounts that make it cheaper to have the service than not.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

And don't be tempted to accept a higher speed than you really need. An offer to 'upgrade' as a special deal will always cost you more in the end.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @NeilM4, thanks for reaching out to us and a warm welcome to the Virgin Media Community Forums. 👋🏼

I am so sorry to hear about the poor experience you have been having with our team recently and we would like to assist you.
I will send a private message so we can confirm some security questions and then get on to the issues you have been facing and resolve them.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for speaking with us today @NeilM4 on the forums.

I'm glad you were able to speak with the team and that they were able to assist.
If you do need any assistance from us - always feel free to reach out to us here and the team will help as much as they can.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs