Menu
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

contract renewal

hi i know this is a troubling time but surely virgin can have a contact for contract renewals

mine ends soon I'm not willing to pay £78 a month i can't discuss this with anyone i text the number on here and was told my email address does not match  i can't even cancel my contract online or by phone so come the time they are going to take £78 pound out my account

don't know what else i can do been waiting nearly three weeks for someone to get back to me 

0 Kudos
Community elder
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: contract renewal

Hi doug3,

The telephone lines are working. The best method to regrade/negotiate/cancel  is to give VM a call. If phoning it's best to call first thing on a morning, 8am, as it's less busy then.  Dial 150 from a Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, Options 1,1 and 4 Changes to your package

Have you tried changing your package in My Virgin Media at the top of the page?

If in the the upgrades and offers section there you see an Oops something went wrong message, it's because you either already have a discount and the systems require an extra bit of manipulation by the agents to set up any new discounts, or because the package you are on is no longer sold and again requires the extra manipulation by agents to change the package.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
Tags (1)
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your help

0 Kudos
Up to speed
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I took this contact advice and rang VM 150 ....1..1..4 yesterday to negotiate a new contract as the current one runs out at in two weeks time.Like you, my monthly fee would increase by some £35 from the current £80 package

I rang at 8.20am and got through to David in Belfast within 2 mins. It took just 20 mins to agree a new 18- month contract for the exact current package and at a lower price than currently paying - much, much nearer the new customer level. Within an hour received new contract by email and all appeared on MyVirginMedia app.

My advice is to follow the contact advice given above. I did not know my password provided 22 years ago !! but provided details of my monthly payment fee which was sufficient.

All due credit to David for an excellent customer service. Good luck.

Community elder
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jomodu,

Thanks for letting us know about your great experience with David from Belfast and the satisfactory outcome. 

It's also good to see confirmation that the phone lines are picking up quickly first thing on a morning.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos