Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

contract coming to an end

Hi.

My contract/deal is coming to an end next month. There only seem to be options to upgrade, whereas i want to downgrade or keep paying the same price. I am not particularly bothered about the TV as most of the programmes don't interest me. I have tried to call over the weekend but no one seems to answer. Bearing in mind, the virus problems at the moment and VM are understandably working a reduced service is it more likely to be manned during the week? Could it be made easier to change my package online? and i dont mean upgrade!!.I am not prepared to pay the full price for a service i don't really want anyway. So if i cant get through by the end of the contract i will be switching to someone else.

Cheers

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: contract coming to an end

you need to keep calling you can't downgrade online

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: contract coming to an end

Could it be made easier to change my package online?

Of course it could.  Many companies (like my mobile network) enable this.  VM could, but choose not to.

and i dont mean upgrade!!.

And there's why VM don't want customers to be able to vary their ontracts without VM having the opportunity to give them the hard sell to maintain or upgrade.  VM is a resolutely sales-led business.  Customer service is next to non-existent, and network operations and maintenance do a great job with what they've got, but are under-resourced and let down by over-selling and the third world customer service.

I am not prepared to pay the full price for a service i don't really want anyway.

Then you (and I) are not the droids that VM are looking for.  They want punters who buy multiple services, and spend lots of money at the full and undiscounted rate.

So if i cant get through by the end of the contract i will be switching to someone else.

Well, I think you'll find all ISPs are having service problems due to Covid-19 (and that is going to get worse before it gets better).  Even if you get through to VM, the comments in this forum are clear that VM aren't interested in rewarding loyal customers, so either reload your wallet and pay up, or (my recommendation) research alternative ISPs over the next few weeks.  Take account of price, bundle and Trustpilot ratings.....

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos