Menu
Ollie3
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

contacting virgin

How do I get anybody in virgin to contact me. Only joined Virgin yesterday. Has been a complete horror show. Spent 4 hours on customer care line last night. Got nowehere. I cannot call that number again. It will destroy me as a person. None of teh other contacts work. There is another service where they are supposed to text you. That doesnt work. they tell you to dial 150. Well that doesnt work if you dont have your Virgin number up and running and are trying to talk about that.  

Emily_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: contacting virgin

Thanks for the post Ollie3 and welcome to our community.

Sorry to hear of the trouble contacting the team, if you would like to elaborate on your initial query for the team we can see if we can advise over here if needed.

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos
Ollie3
Tuning in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Well Emily

i was supposed to be connected to Virgin last Tuesday for tv, phone and  broadband. That didn’t happen.

Myself and my wife both work from home. We also have a small child. Knowing that my existing provider would be disconnected at midnight on Tuesday I tried to contact Virgin by phone on Tuesday. I think I spoke to 4 people. None of them could help. Each of the first 3 “transferred” me to someone else. When they say transfer they actually mean add you to the back of another queue. As far as customer service goes it was worst I have ever experienced. I have experienced worse since though. After 1 hour and 51 minutes your staff member hung up and didn’t ring back. 

I couldn’t face another call of such fruitless duration so I tried alternatives. I had an email from Virgin that was not a “no reply” mailbox so I mailed them. After a wait it bounced back to me with a “recipient mail box full” message.

Unsure of what my wife and I were going to tell our employers in the morning I needed answers. I reluctantly dialled your “customer service” number again. This time I chanced upon the offer of a text service. All I had to do was dial 1. I dialled it. No text arrived. It still hasn’t arrived. 

In desperation I rang customer service again. I held on for 52 minutes. When I spoke to someone they guaranteed I would not be put on hold. I would be transferred to their superior, Jai. I was put on hold for 61 minutes. At this stage I had spent 4 hours waiting. I could not wait any longer. Jai assured me I would be phoned by 9.00 am and if I didn’t receive a call I merely had to ring 150 to be put through. Virgin did not ring be by 9.00 on Wednesday morning. They still haven’t. My wife and I were each left with difficult conversations with our employers about the absence of broadband. Our son just wants his tv programmes and WiFi.

Let down by Virgin again I tried theit website. I just wanted someone to contact me. The automated text system said it would arrange that. It hasn’t. Working off a mobile hotspot my internet kept crashing so I couldn’t keep that going. Your text service did say that the connection didn’t go ahead because of Covid social distancing restrictions. Everybody can agree that that was simply a lie. Par for the course with Virgin.

i tried dialling 150 but that doesn’t work because I’m not yet connected to Virgin (which your staff member knew).

i tried the text service agiain. I dialled 1. The voice confidently announced that a text had been sent to my mobile. Guess what? It didn’t arrive and still hasn’t arrived.

exasperated I dialled “customer service” again. Another 2 hours of my life wasted. I did eventually speak to someone. I gave them the details and explained that I simply could not stay on the phone any longer. As virgin had all the details they could work on a solution and ring me back. They said that was impossible. I asked were they seriously claiming it was impossible for a phone company to make a phone call and they said yes!!! Eventually I was offered a paltry discount on my costs that in no way reflects the impact on our lives of not having the services we rely upon but also the shear difficulty I have had in dealing with you and the time, expense and heartache it has involved. She agreed that customer services would review the facts and come back to me. Still no word

Virgin have 100% failed to deliver on a single thing they said they would do and put me through the wringer trying to get anywhere. 

undoubtedly the worst company operating in UK today. It’s a zero for customer service. I’m marking that out of 1,000,000

0 Kudos
crany
Superfast
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi you can check https://www.ofcom.org.uk/phones-telecoms-and-internet/advice-for-consumers/costs-and-billing/automat... to see if you are entitaled to any compensation but with covid its unlikley. but if you have had this bad a start maybe you would be best not using virgin at all and trying someone else if avalible. Virgin almost never offer call backs no clue why they just dont. Also if you need your internet for work you may want to look at a business line or account as they come with SLA
0 Kudos
Ollie3
Tuning in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

But they say they will ring you back. And then don’t. They still have never rang me. Still never texted me. 

Anyway today is the connection day. No word from Virgin yet but you have to think they will get it right this time 

0 Kudos
Tom_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I hope there's been some progress since your last message Ollie3? Please continue to keep us posted we'll support you as best we can from here. 

Tom 

0 Kudos
Ollie3
Tuning in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Unfortunately not getting any better. Still no contact!!!!! Beyond belief. 

I know some have said that Virgin just won’t call you back. I find that hard to believe for 2 reasons. Firstly you can’t just refuse to deal with someone making a complaint. Surely there is an ombudsman who would intervene there? And if not there are any number of consumer affairs channels and media outlets.

And secondly Virgin have already promised to ring me. They have promised this more than once. 

You would have to think that self respect would enter the equation at some stage.

0 Kudos
Brickwall2020
Dialled in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Mafia are trying to blame the appalling state of their customer service on Covid, but it has always been dire.  It is the reason I want to close my account, but am finding it impossible to do so, because of their utterly dreadful customer service.  It's a catch-22. Good luck!

I totally agree with you.  In a country with a reputation for strong consumer rights, you would have thought that this standard of service, with customers effectively blocked from contacting their service provider, would have been stamped out by the regulators or government long ago.  It is little better than an organised (disorganised?) crime syndicate. 

0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ollie3,

I'm sorry to hear that no one has been in touch,

So I can get a few more details from you regarding this I've sent you a private message (purple envelope, top right hand corner)

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ollie3,

I'm sorry to hear you've been having some issues with watching Netflix through our box,

I've checked things from our side and everything is within spec.

Can you confirm if you've rebooted the equipment and if there are any error messages on screen?

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos