Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 47
Flag for a moderator

contacting virgin re billing error. impossible

Hi

Its impossible to contact virgin by any means. Ive tried everything-even before the current crisis. They hang up the phone after leaving you waiting for an hour. They don't respond to the online robot help chat room after taking your details; no reply to emails or letters! Ive raised complaints about a credit they promised on my bill and haven't honoured for the last 2 bills. Ive complained about the impossibility of contacting them. What can one do?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Up to speed
Message 2 of 47
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: contacting virgin re billing error. impossible

You're lucky to get in an hour long queue!
I go through the contact process and it ends with a statement that ALL of their contact centres are closed.
M350 over FTTP
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 47
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for responding! Yes obviously much worse now but my complaint was raised in December/January and even then they were impossible to contact and when I did manage to talk to someone they promised to resolve the issue but never did, leaving me going round in circles. I threatened to leave and they pleaded for one last chance! Its the worst customer service I have ever experienced from any organisation. A media company that is impossible to communicate with? . Whats the point of FAQ AND PREWRITTEN INFORMATION THAT CAN'T ADDRESS INDIVIDUAL CUSTOMERS PARTICULAR QUERIES? Does this forum have any power? Should we all complain to ombudsman with these threads as evidence?

Highlighted
Up to speed
Message 4 of 47
Flag for a moderator

I've only been a customer since last December and I've contacted them twice before the current lockdown.
I have to say that on both occasions they were super helpful and solved my issue. The only other problem I had was in setting up my account where I had the misfortune of being routed to an Indian call centre. Again, the operator was actually quite helpful but a 10 minute procedure took more like 50 because I couldn't understand a word she said!
I'm getting the impression the only way to contact them at present is on the text number.
M350 over FTTP
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 47
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for getting in touch louizos.

I apologise for the issues that you've been having with a credit that should have been applied to your account. Would you be able to send a message to the team on 0753 305 1809  and we can get this looked into further for you.

Regards

Steven_L 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 47
Flag for a moderator

Hi Steven

Thanks for your reply. I did try that-and in fact I did in January too and never got a satisfactory response. This time my chat was deleted as they can see  I am also trying to complete a message thread on another text line but they are not responding to that one either! The stress and wasted time and energy on this endeavour are ridiculous. I can only conclude that they want us to give up! It is infuriating. How do you break through the text roadblock? how do we make an official complaint?

Thanks so much

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 47
Flag for a moderator

I do appreciate the frustration with that louizos. I can assure you that the team will be happy to help you. I would advise to use the SMS service. 

^Martin

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 47
Flag for a moderator

Hi Martin

Thanks for replying. I did try the SMS service long before the crisis but was just promised that this credit would be applied on my next bill-which it wasn't. Another text number was given to me by a friend who has a virgin mobile so I tried that and they responded sufficiently to take my details then all went quiet and they haven't responded since. So I went back to the original number which is the one Steven suggested but they said they will delete it as I am already on another text thread!!! If it wasn't so infuriating it would be funny-but it isn't . No company should behave in such a way to continually  put obstacles in the way of  customers attempts to resolve their  queries

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 47
Flag for a moderator

I would recommend using the number Steven provided for you. I appreciate that the message has been closed previously but contacting that team would be the best option to get further help.

^Martin

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 47
Flag for a moderator

Hi Martin

I have tried 3 times but keep getting the message that my message has been aborted. The other number isn't responding either! Nowhere to go?

0 Kudos