cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

contacting virgin media when deaf

Insane-pringle1
Tuning in

Hi 

ive been trying to contact virgin media with regards getting into my online account. i have been trying to access it but it comes back with a message of "you cannot access your online account as you haven't setup further details, please contact us"

calling the phone is not useful for me as i'm not going to hear the person on the other end, relayUK just times out  when calling them and they don't have an email address... why do they make it so difficult to contact them??

oh and i'm constantly getting calls from a 0800 052 1251 number which is either an official virgin media number or a scam call according to whocallsme.... regardless it gets cancelled but i'm getting fed up of the frequency of calls...

5 REPLIES 5

Arissa_H
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Insane-pringle1 👋🏼.

Thank you for posting and welcoming you onto our community forum 😊.

Sorry to see you are not able to access your online account ☹.

Have you ever had access to your online account?

Can you sign in at all and reset password?

If you managed to get through to us what have our team advised?

Are you trying to access your account through the app or our website? If so what happens on both?

Let us know we want to help. 

Thank you. 

Ari - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi

in order of your questions

1. Have you ever had access to your online account?

No

2. Can you sign in at all and reset password?

No. the response i get is "you can't reset your password online right now as you don't have additional details setup on your account" 

3. If you managed to get through to us what have our team advised?

haven't managed to get through at all..

4. Are you trying to access your account through the app or our website? If so what happens on both?

see answer to no 2. this is both website and app.. the app does say biometrics is not useable as it cannot access the encrypted data... which is strange as its the first time i've installed it on this phone

thanks you for helping tho

Thank you for clarifying and answering the questions  😊.

I will have a look into this for you.

I will be private messaging you, please watch out for the envelop ✉.

Thank you. 

Ari - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Insane-pringle1
Tuning in

problem solved 😊 my thanks to Arissa_H for helping out

now i just have to remove the telemarketing preference to stop the damn phone calls lol

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Insane-pringle1 

Now that you've got access to your account, if you sign into My Virgin Media  then Account Settings > Marketing Preferences,  you can untick the check box next to "Sounds good! Keep me up to date" which stops VM contacting you via phone, text message, post and email.

Be sure to scroll down and click on Save Changes. It takes up  to 28 days to take effect. This won't however prevent mailshots to "the householder"

https://www.virginmedia.com/my-virgin-media/account-settings/preferences 

If you have a mobile or sim with VM then you would also have to turn of the marketing in the mobile account by logging into

https://mobile.virginmedia.com/ecare/login 

My Mobile> My Preferences > marketing

Again that takes up to 28 days to process.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali