Menu
chrischick
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

confirmation of cancellation

Recently called to cancel my contract.

Asked for an email confirmation of this, ie end date and details of charges to remain.

Have received generic email saying sorry I'm leaving and will be disconnected on "the date you were advised"

This is obviously useless as I require confirmation for in case Virgin continue to charge me: I have little confidence this will not happen.

I do not wish to spend another hour on the phone to ask for an email to get another one the same. Can a Virgin employee on here do anything? I have a reference that I could give by dm etc.

Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: confirmation of cancellation

Hi chrischick,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear about the issue with the cancellation. 

The email you got concerning the cancellation should provide details of any early disconnection fee. 

Can you confirm are you looking to cancel the disconnection? 

^Martin

chrischick
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi, I rang and cancelled my service with 30 days notice and am out of contract so no early disconnection fees apply.

I asked for a confirmation email with disconnection date and details of final payments.

The email I got just said I would be disconnected as discussed, a generic cut n paste email without either of the details requested, and as such was useless.

0 Kudos
Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thank you for that. What I can do is private message you so I can look to confirm those details. 

^Martin

alanesq
Tuning in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I am in the same position, I have been told on the phone that my contract ends this month but I have nothing in writing to confirm this.

All I have received since phoning to cancel my contract is an email offering a better rate if I change my mind but my reply to this was completely ignored so I have now signed up with a competitor despite being very tempted by the offer made.

After being a loyal customer of some 20 years I would have expected better treatment than this...

alanesq
Tuning in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I guess I am being ignored here as well then !

0 Kudos
alanesq
Tuning in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

HELLO??????

0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi alanesq,

I'm sorry you've not receive the private message, I've popped you over another one to get a few more details from you.

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
alanesq
Tuning in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re:   Alex_Rm: "I'm sorry you've not receive the private message, I've popped you over another one to get a few more details from you."

I think there must be a problem with your messaging system, I received your message send on Tuesday and have replied twice but not received any response

0 Kudos