Menu
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 11 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Re: complaints ignored

I am sorry to hear of that call experience. Not the usual level of care we aim to offer.

We would always offer you the best price for the package you request. Please do try us again on the above number and we can assist further.

I didn't ignore the point made, I have explained the timescales relating the complaints.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
alan5151
Joining in
Message 12 of 17
Flag for a moderator

John , thankyou for engaging  with me at least!  Just to be clear : the online complaints web-form says an acknowledgment ie ref no will be notified within (I think) 24 hrs ( or was it 48 hrs?). I assure you I have never had any such response from any of the 7 or 8 attempts to  flag my concerns via that system. And i note other say the same thing. It really is a "black hole", and I would really welcome you checking to see if you have any record of my 7 or 8 submissions.  As far as calling in , I have zero faith that the first line agents have any discretion in the matter of charging. It requires someone with specific authority to deal with that. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 13 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your reply. 

Our advisers are fully trained in handling all queries regarding package changes but you would be welcome to escalate the matter on the call. 

The call would then be passed to a manager but to confirm, the manager would be using the same tools as the agents to access available offers. 

I see my colleague has advised of the timescales for the handling of your complaint but please visit here if require any further information. 

Thank you 

Nat
0 Kudos
Highlighted
alan5151
Joining in
Message 14 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi , I really would like to know your spin on the online complaints procedure. I just tried again , and once again , got "complaint received" screen , with its  promise of an initial reply within 48hrs. As I said . this never happens. Do you have any record of all my online submissions? Is there a software bug? Is the "inbox" so full no-one is getting any reply? Are your systems working ? or overwhelmed? Why have you not responded on this issue? thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 15 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi Alan5151, 

Thanks for your reply.

I can confirm that the site is not experiencing any problems at the moment and all submitted complaints are successfully being received. 

In regards to the timescales, there is a piece within the link I have provided which explains the process with the web form. It reads;

By web form - On our contact us page, you’ll see a link to our web form. Complete the form to let us know what went wrong and what we can do to put this right for you. We always aim to resolve complaints in the first instance and respond within 7 days, but this isn’t as quick as calling us. In some cases, it can take up to 28 days. This depends on the issues you’ve raised, as we always try to give your comments the attention they deserve. To help speed up this process, please make sure you answer the Data Protection (DPA) questions accurately.

I would be happy to check on your complaint status via a PM but I will be unable to arrange any packages changes from there. 

I've popped a private message over (available in the purple envelope). If you wish to proceed please respond with the requested details and we can go from there. 

Thanks 

Nat
0 Kudos
Highlighted
steor
Joining in
Message 16 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hello Nat,

Just to reiterate what Alan5151 is saying, when you submit a complaint via the online form on the successful form submission page it states you will receive a notification of receipt within 48 hours, I cannot remember the exact wording but it definitely states 48 hours.

I understand complaints can take up to 28 days but the whole point is that the user should receive that notification within 48 hours according to your form submission page, obviously this is not happening and is clearly causing more complaints and more work for yourselves. I think your web development team or complaints department need to address this issue. A simple automatic response would be suffice and would stop further complaints.

I have passed these comments on to Lee_R privately who has confirmed he will pass them on but just for the purpose of this public forum I thought I would respond here too.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
alan5151
Joining in
Message 17 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Just for completeness on the public forum , after I spent yesterday  with a whole succession of PMs with an agent I am no further forward. > 

1 no recognition of or investigation into the online webpage complaints system which fails to issue 48hr acknowledgments

2. no confirmation that  my 9 online complaints have been received

3 no confirmation that VM have a correct phone number  for me

4 no investigation into the claim that c/svcs rang me when in fact no call was received (or missed)

5 .no substantive response to my letters to Sunderland raising these concerns. .

6 No phonecall from someone who can offer a realistic  monthly charge for my broadband (despite repeated requests for this).

0 Kudos