Menu
Highlighted
alan5151
Joining in
Message 1 of 26
Flag for a moderator

complaints ignored

They massively increased my monthly charge in December 2019. Since then I've  tried to complain numerous times. The "online complaints form" always says "received, response in 48hrs " , but despite 7 or more tries , I have never had any acknowledgment or ref no. I wrote to Sunderland. Eventually got a holding reply , but the 28 days for response have long gone , zero follow-up. I emailed CEO Lutz Schnueler : zero response.  Whats happening with Cust Svcs? Inundated by irate customers?. After 20 yrs , the thought of getting an alternate email supplier is daunting , but why should I pay £38/month when a new VM subscriber would pay £27 for faster service.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Re: complaints ignored

Hi alan5151, 

Thank you for getting in touch via the Community. 

I am very sorry to read you have not received a response to your complaint, I can definitely get this looked in to for you. 

In regards to the price changing, has a discount come to an end recently? Our existing customer discounts can run for around 12 - 18 months and once they have expired, our customer care team will review your package for you. 

As with all providers we do offer introductory deals to new customers, at the start of all of our customer’s time with us they will have benefited from such a deal.  Once the welcome offer has expired, the customer will then be charged the full price. 

Thank you 

Nat
0 Kudos
Highlighted
steor
Joining in
Message 3 of 26
Flag for a moderator

This is the exact same thing that is happening to me. I've yet to receive any sort of acknowledgement regarding my complaint, your online form simply doesn't work, it often crashes after sending. Fortunately I've started to screenshot them before hitting send. I'm still waiting on a manager call back for over 4 weeks now, I was about to go down the Ombudsman route but thought I would try the forums first. 

Could someone from the forum team please get in contact with me too as I need this resolving, you've taken money you shouldn't have and charged me for the privilege.

Apologies for hijacking your thread alan5151 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for posting steor

I am really sorry, just for my understanding, can you clarify that you've not received a complaints reference number. as you've not successfully been able to register a complaint.  Or do you have an active complaint and you're awaiting a call back from a Manager in that department?

Regards

Lee_R

0 Kudos
Highlighted
steor
Joining in
Message 5 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lee, thanks for the quick response.

I don't have a complaint reference number as I've never had a response back from any of the complaints I've submitted. The manager call back was supposed to be from the billing department which I'm not sure if the manager would be calling back from that department or directly from the complaints department, it never happened and I dont think it will. I tried ringing back after 2 days waiting and someone put the phone down on me after answering so at this point I went through the official online complaints channel, still no response to receiving the complaint. I've tried all methods of contact with the exception of a letter.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 26
Flag for a moderator

I'm really sorry to hear this steor.

I would like to look into your issue further.  To enable me to do so, I am going to send you a private message.  Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.
Regards

Lee_R

0 Kudos
Highlighted
alan5151
Joining in
Message 7 of 26
Flag for a moderator

To reiterate : every complaint submitted on your  online complaints screen has been completely ignored : no "reference number" , nothing.  I see I am not the only one with that issue. Perhaps you can tell us how they disappear into a black hole? Are there now so many that VM cannot keep up? Surely a look at my VM account would reveal whether the 7 or 8  submissions I have made over the past 6 weeks have ever been received or looked at?. In desperation I wrote to Sunderland (twice)  One elicited a boiler plate response dated 24 jan >>

“complaint received” message  (Ref COM103870132)  The 7 days promised response are up : ziltch.

The bottom line is that all other broadband suppliers charge just under £30 / month for decent b/band speed.  As a NEW VM subscriber I would be charged £27  for 100Mb (including some phonecalls!). My expectation of continuing at the previous rate of   £28.50 does not seem unreasonable. (Rather that the £38 you have increased my Direct Debit to).  To add insult to injury you just emailed me to say i was now on 100Mb rather than  previous 50Mb "at no extra charge". I dont even NEED 100Mb! 

Is this the way to treat a very long standing customer? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 26
Flag for a moderator

I am sorry you feel this way alan5151, we do aim to be in touch within 7 days however in some cases it can take upto 28 days for a resolution.

Relating your account price, please give us a call on 150 // 03454541111 options 1 and 4 and we can check your account.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
alan5151
Joining in
Message 9 of 26
Flag for a moderator

I tried ringing once. After endless time on hold , the agent in effect said "tough, I cannot help you , thats the deal today". Complete waste of time . Agents have no authority in this matter.   Thats why I resorted to the complaints procedure. It seems very simple. Either you want to keep me as a customer and offer me a realistically price deal ,  (or not!) .   

0 Kudos
Highlighted
alan5151
Joining in
Message 10 of 26
Flag for a moderator

I note your complete silence on the matter of the disastrous online complaints web form!

0 Kudos