Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

complaint made on 8th April have not had a response

I spoke to someone in customer relations and feel the advice given was not in my best interests and my package now will be potentially more exspensive for less of a service.

It does seem rather complicated and it is easy to get lost in the technical jargon. I was not aware of the extra cost untill I received my current bill. All I want is to pay a fair price for the service I receive and to pay the same as others for similar usage. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: complaint made on 8th April have not had a response

If you have still been unable to get through on the phones or Live Chat on the Web site then you can send texts to this number 07533 051809 with details of the issue. Might take a while for a response but might be quicker than the other options.

But you need a customer services representative as they have billing access permissions to make amendments to customer accounts.

Please hit the Kudos thumb to say thanks and mark answer as Helpful if the reply has helped at all

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I have to disagree that you were only made aware of this increase in your latest bill.

The information is documented both in your contract and on every bill.

You, therefore, have no complaint but an opportunity to discuss with Retentions a discount off what is the actual charges for your services in return for a new minimum contract period of 12 months.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I'm not replying to the response from ErnieC since they have completely missed my point - thank you for messaging but not helpful I'm afraid.

I was thinking of leaving Virgin at my renewal point, as my package charge was increasing by a lot and has been creeping up over the last couple of years.  I was going to move to Sky as I could get everything so much cheaper - the advisor I spoke to at Virgin did 'bamboozle' me with jargon talk of lowering the package cost by lowering my broadband speed and changing my telephone package. He advised looking through my call history the cost would go up but not by much.  (This can be verified by listening to the call) Well in fact I'm paying more than if I had done nothing!!!!  So I am VERY unhappy with being mis-lead to change my package just to get me to stay. Even though I could STILL get a cheaper package with Sky I decided to stay loyal to Virgin as the advisor had managed to bring my monthly package fee down and I've been relatively happy with Virgin.

I wanted to log a formal complaint as being mis-lead by a customer advisor and want a supervisor or manager to contact me about my package and if nothing is to be done I want to find out the soonest date I can leave!

I tried texting before and all I got told was that I had to log in and send a message through the portal to log a complaint which I did to which I've not heard anything.

In summary I want to speak to someone in authority who can advise my of my options as it stands today - so that I can make an informed decision if and when I am leaving Virgin.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super solver
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

' I was going to move to Sky'

that won't be happening. no boxes or engineers are being sent to new customers until at least june.

'I'm not replying to the response from ErnieC....'

ernie gave you an excellent response. he stated fact and how things work. you get a bill every month which states when loyalty bonuses end and how much everything is.

0 Kudos