Menu
zadovi
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

charge for free installation and activation

Hello, I was promised for a free installation and activation however I received a contract with 65 pounds of activation+installation charge. I called Virgin and they were not able to help. Shouild I cancel installation and apply again incase it was a temporary disconnect between the advertisement vs the real contract? I am quite disappointed and confused. 

Btw, the web links promising free installation are still active below:

https://www.virginmedia.com/join/review?utm_term=nt%20cable%20acquisition&buspart=uk_aff_acq_cable__...

https://broadband.comparethemarket.com/product/6264?sourceList=MostPopularDeals#tab_broadband

Kind Regards, 

Zafer

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: charge for free installation and activation

A contract is not a bill.

Its quite possible when the bill comes through that there will be one-off credits on it for these items.

Staff here can probably check up on this for you, but you may be waiting a few days for a response.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
zadovi
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

thanks for the answer! 

I hope the same but the support person in online chat and also the one I had a phone call said that I will be charged. I was not able to convince them that this is nonsense because free installation campaign is still active and that was the reason I applied Virgin at first place. They were talking like a bot and keeping saying the same thing that nothing to be surprised here. Either there is a big mistake and unfair situation here or the support team who I talked to do not know their own processes. 

Kind Regards,

Zafer

0 Kudos
Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello zadovi

Thank you for taking the time to post on the forum in regards to your recent contract query. We appreciate you taking the time to do this and welcome to the community!!

It's been a while since you posted your initial query, we're sorry for the delays in responding but we're really busy at the moment given the current situation. 

Having checked the account we can see you have spoken to the team since posting and trust everything was resolved during this call. If you do need us in the future, please don't hesitate to get in touch here.

Thanks

Rob

0 Kudos