Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

changes to my contract

Hi!

I was wondering if someone had a similar problem and how they got it sorted.

Last night I made some changes to my Virgin media contract with one of the operator on the online chat. He was offering virgin media TV + broadband + landline phone for 34/month for a year which sounded really good because it was a lower price than just my broadband at 37.7£/month.
Today I received the confirmation email with the changes to my Virgin Media contract for a monthly price of 56£/month!!!!!
This is definitely not what I have agreed to last night and I don’t want this at all.

I cclearly haven’t been given clear information when making changes to my contract. I was looking into a way to save some money on my monthly bill, instead I was added extra costs! 

Any idea on how to go back to my previous contract? Obviously there is no peraltro available on the online chat atm.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: changes to my contract

best calling via 150 / 0345 454 1111 choosing option 1-4-5 (thinking of leaving us), since got 7-14 days to reverse this

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi martinamorigi,

Sorry to hear of this package dispute.

Can I ask, have you spoken to the team since posting? If not, let me know, and I can assist you further.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi!

Yes I spoke to one of the operators on the phone. Seems like the email i received is automatically generated by the system, but the changes to my contract have actually been applied correctly. Very misleading!

However, I still can’t see those che gen on my online account.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Right okay, how very odd. 

Has all now been sorted for you?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I hope so, I haven't received my bill yet, so I suppose I'll find out if they have applied the changes then.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

No worries, 

If you do need us further, please pop us a message and we'll be more than happy to assist 🙂

Kind regards

John_GS
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

I too have changed my contract yesterday to £31. But today ‘my contract’ and next bill still shows £46.68. What do I do, how long should I wait to see the contract change. Also why is my contact cut off so that I can’t see it all on my iPad, can’t Virgin handle Apple iPads? I have not had a confirmation email yet!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Paulz1,

Thank you for reaching out to mus in our community and a very warm welcome to you.

When you change your package to a cheaper deal this is generally done on a 30 days notice so you would see the difference on your account/bill untill the bill generated after the 30 days.

Kind regards

Paul.

0 Kudos