cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cant reset password

Bofei11
Joining in

I have been asked for 'my virgin media' password many times during live chat with Virgin media customer service, but I don't have a 'my virgin media' account at all because I can't activate it yet.

7 REPLIES 7

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @Bofei11,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post your issue on the forums.

Have you been asked for the characters from this password over the phone? 

If so, that wouldn't be the password that the team need, you should have setup a memorable word, when you signed up with us, the team would be asking for the characters from that not your online account password as we would never ask for that. We would only ask for the characters from the memorable word that was setup not the password from your online account.

Regards,

Steven_L

they said:'Please click on the following link to answer thed 4th 5th and 7th characters of Virgin Media password.' i dont know what should i put

You would need to supply the character from your memorable word not any other password, if you dont know that let the team know and they will be able to ask further security questions.

What issue are you trying to resolve, is it setting up your online account?

Regards,

Steven_L

I wish to cancel the installation because my house can't install it and they only gave me this option at the security check without any other alternative security check

We would need to pass account security to be able to discuss or make any actions/changes on the account and or service. The memorable word is the word you created when taking out a deal to be installed with our services. It is completely different from a My Virgin Media online account password. Have you forgotten your memorable word? 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

I'm afraid yes, any hints or alternative solutions?

We can see if you are able to pass security with myself, if not, we can send a reminder letter to advise of the memorable word you created. This can take up to 5 working days to arrive. Please join me on private message so I can locate the account and try pass account security. You can see your private messages at the top of the page, in the envelope icon. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley