Menu
zamboni
Joining in
Message 1 of 38
Flag for a moderator

cant register for my virgin media after taking over account

hi i have recently taken over the account at my address from another person with the same surname, but i have a new account number. i have tried several times to register but it keeps giving me the same 'cant register you now, try later' message

im not waiting for anything to be installed, its all already active and has been for a couple of weeks

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 38
Flag for a moderator

Re: cant register for my virgin media after taking over account

Hey zamboni,

Sorry to hear of the issues that you've been having with registering for your online account.

I have been able to locate your account from your community profile and can see that you have spoken to the team, who have in turn logged this with our IT team, there is no update yet but the team will be in touch as soon as they have got to the bottom of your issues.

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos
zamboni
Joining in
Message 3 of 38
Flag for a moderator

Hi I got a text today to say the issue with the myvirginmedia log ins has been fixed

I went to register my account - it told me I already have an account (even though it repeatedly told me I couldn’t set one up before) 

So I tried my usual passwords, didn’t work, so I tried to reset a password but it wouldn’t recognise my latest bill information so it wouldn’t let me reset 

I’m finding this issue massively frustrating because I can’t watch my TV via my laptop without being able to sign in.

Please can someone contact me directly to sort this 
0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 38
Flag for a moderator

HI zamboni, thanks for the message and sorry to hear that you are having issues with the online account. Can you confirm if the email has ever been used on an Media account in the past? Have you tried registering with another email? Chris 

0 Kudos
zamboni
Joining in
Message 5 of 38
Flag for a moderator

No as far as I know the email has not been used before. I’d appreciate someone phoning me to set this out please 

0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 38
Flag for a moderator

We are unable to call out from here and we would do this via private message. I will get one sent over now. Chris 

0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 38
Flag for a moderator

I am sorry to hear that you are unable to sign in to the TVgo, can you click here tpo update the password. 

0 Kudos
zamboni
Joining in
Message 8 of 38
Flag for a moderator

Hi I’ve only just updated myvirginmedia password (and that had to be done via customer services becuase it wouldn’t work) so I don’t want to reset it again really 

0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 38
Flag for a moderator

Can you delete the app and redownload it to see if you are able to log in - Chris 

0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 38
Flag for a moderator

Hi zamboni, can you use the same password as the online account as they will link with each other. Chris 

0 Kudos