cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cant create account

Peengy
Dialled in

Hello, I can not create an account with you as my username (my email address) is not available. I've called your help line twice and been "cut off" both times. They did say it was because I was previously a customer. Can you help please?

85 REPLIES 85

Just a quick update for anyone interested.

It has now been 12 weeks since I first called Virgin Media about this (twice) on the 18th of June.

Some progress has been made. The account transfer has now been done I am told.

There is apparently a new issue with a password for the account  which means I still can not create an account so from that point of view I am no better off.

I have been told this has been passed to I.T. to resolve, hopefully they can do this quicker than the account transfer!

I have already been waiting well over a week for this fix with no news though.

Regards,

Adam

Sorry this is still ongoing @Peengy

The ticket still appears to be open and being worked on by our IT team, I'm terribly sorry we're unable to offer more information at this time.

Do please continue to liaise with Serena, who I'm sure will do her best to have this resolved with our IT team as soon as we possibly can

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

I have filled out a complaint form with Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR), CISAS, as mentioned in the email from your resolutions team.

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Peengy

Thanks for letting us know you have filled out complaint form.

I can only apologise for how long this issue is taking to resolve, and I am so sorry for the frustration this is causing. I have escalated the fifth IT ticket that has been raised and will continue to chase the IT team for an update.

Apologies for the disappointing service you have received,

Serena

Hi Serena,

Thanks for continuing to chase this up. I'm pretty sure we both wish you didn't need to keep having to do this.

Thanks also for the apologies as I know none of this is your fault. You are due as much of an apology from I.T. as I am. 

Regards.

Adam

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Adam,

My manager and I are going to continue to chase for updates on this every day until the issue has been resolved. I really appreciate your understanding and patience with this.

I would like to apologise on behalf of the IT team for the time they are taking to resolve this.

Best wishes,

Serena

Hi Serena,

I am grateful to you and your manager for chasing this up daily now until this is sorted. It really shouldn't need this kind if action and I'm sorry to take up so much of your time with this continuing problem.

I really hope Virgin Media can learn some lessons from this to prevent putting customers and all the staff involved through this again.

Regards,

Adam

Thanks for coming back to us @Peengy.

I will pass on your thanks to Serena and her manager and I can assure you that we will learn from this and pass on feedback to all of the concerned teams.

We will be in touch once the IT team have resolved this issue.

Regards,

Steven_L 

Just another update for anyone interested in this situation. I still can not access my account as there has been a password issue preventing me from logging in since the account transfer was finally done. For some, as yet, unexplained reason Virgin media has marked the I.T. ticket as fixed and closed my complaint. I have had a new complaint raised as this is totally unacceptable. I do not know if I.T. have given up with this now or are still working on this issue despite marking it as fixed.

Regards,

Adam

Hi Adam

Sorry to hear that you're STILL unable to access your account after all this time. If I was you I would most certainly be looking at escalating your complaint to whichever governing body regulates Virgin Media. The Ombudsman?? Get googling and read the t&c's of your VM contract as this has being going on for over three months now. I sympathise as I could easily have been in the same position.

If you have recently left Sky like me you are probably getting offered some amazing deals from them, I am still constantly getting email and letters by post with enticing deals to return.

Best of Luck

Hazel

Hazel