Menu
kent63
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

cancelling contract?

has anyone  found a way of cancelling contract online? 

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: cancelling contract?

Afternoon @kent63

Welcome to our Community and thank you for your first post. I am sorry to understand that you wish to leave us and cancel your contract.

I'm afraid this cannot be done online. If you wish to leave, you have 3 options

1. Call us on 150/03454541111 (option 4 and 4 again)
  2. Text us on 07533051809
  3. Write to us at the address in our T&C - https://virg.in/legals

Hope that helps.

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
kent63
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

i've spent/wasted HOURS on the phone over the last few days waiting for an answer. Hence used the forum in despair. The link to legal you supplied doesn't work - mistype. Anyway where is the address on legal  pages?? I'll try texting. 

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Sorry about that - not sure why the link is not working. 

I have tested it and have posted the long link to our T&C below for you

The Legal Stuff

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
kent63
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

The link didn't work because you mistyped it.

i've now spent 3 days on text number you provided trying to get either any response or a helpful response. Mostly nothing happens at all. Circles and circles and  robot  replies.   

I finally found an address buried in the legal stuff  - why can't it just  be in "contact us" on the web page??.  I've written by post to confirm all my other messages and attempts  to say i'm leaving leaving  from 24 February.

Total and utter frustration at all aspects of customer service.  It seems Virgin are forcing people to contact them the way Virgin wants (if they can find any way) not the way that suits the customer. Coronovirus is no excuse for lack of response - there are plenty of people without jobs you could employ.  

0 Kudos
kent63
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

so after over a week on the text number you gave me with occasional replies and  exchanges of messages and also regular auto reply saying this is the right number for contracts i got a message yesterday saying they can't do cancellations and to phone - WHICH IS WHERE I STARTED  OFF 2 weeks ago. Phone auto response still says  could be an hour to answer and to use online BUT it's   impossible to use on line for cancelling.  I've tried phone from time to time held on for a long time but i have other things to do and don't have as long as an hour to spend on the phone and there  is no message about where you are in the queue to give you some idea.   Totally despairing!        

0 Kudos
Mr_EMW
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

This has been Virgin's MO for years and the regulator does absolutely nothing about it. It's bordering on criminal. If I were you I would be looking to get in touch with Trading Standards at this point.

0 Kudos
kent63
Joining in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Mr EMW. I'll definitely consider it. Finally got through on phone  yesterday afternoon after "only" 20 mins. 

0 Kudos