Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

cancellation problem no communication

when my contract ended I was subjected to a big increase in price in the spring. No email address for contact, phone calls, no answer sometimes on hold for about 15 minutes then cut off. Was able to have a BT line installed recently again no communication that worked with Virgin so I sent them a registered letter of notice of cancellation a week ago so far no response, I have now cancelled my direct debit. How do I send the router back at the end of my notice period to avoid them charging me for not doing so? If a forum helper sends me mobile phone number to call sorry I do not have a mobile phone.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: cancellation problem no communication

Hi chorisia,

The VM systems will automatically send out pre paid packaging to return the equipment once the account has closed completely following the 30 days cancellation notice.

There's a help page detailing which equipment VM need returning virgin-media-return-or-recycle-equipment 

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thank you 🙂

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi chorisia,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community, I am sorry to hear you are canceling due to the price increasing, how and when did you cancel the services, where did you send the letter?

So I can help further I will send you an invite into a private chat, please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.

Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

To the only address I could find for virgin registered letter code NV40512664GB on 16/11/2020. building name 333 postcode SA797J. It will be no good them saying they do not have it I have cancelled my direct debit having given more than 30 days notice and it will be no good if they gave me a new contract without notification as they have done with others. As to risk to my credit rating cancelling before the end of notice period fortunately I do not need a credit rating. I have just been reading feedback on fasterbroadband for virgin seems many have had similar abysmal lack of communication from Virgin. It is a pity customer service is not as prompt and helpful as community contributors

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

The full address I sent my cancellation to was P.O. box 333 Matrix court Swansea SA79ZJ

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi chorisia,

Thank you for confirming, this office has been closed, please reply to my private post and I will be happy to help.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Sorry I cannot see any purple envelope? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Paul has helped me solve this problem customer service staff could learn from his intelligent help. It is no use sending a letter to Swansea office to give notice of leaving virgin  I am advised that office closed in April

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

H chorisia,

Thank you for the feedback you are very welcome I am sorry for any inconvenience caused in this, stay safe.

Regards

Paul. 

0 Kudos