Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

can't register with my virgin media

Hi.....  I've just come back to VM and got all my kit, its working fine.  But I cannot register with my virgin media - it refuses my old email address ("this address is already in use" - well, of course it is, its mine!!),and won't accept an alternative address, which I would prefer not to use.  As usual there is no apparent way to to contact VM, hence this plea to the community.  Any ideas very welcome, thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: can't register with my virgin media

Hi Martin,

Thanks for reaching out to us, as you were a customer before using the same  email this is still registered to that account, although it is you it is a different account and it can only be used to set up one online account.

All you need to do is initially use a different email for set up, once set up you can log on and go to my preferences and add the original email for your preferred log on and contact email.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Paul, I'll give that a go and let you know how I get on

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thank you. Please do keep us posted. 

^Martin

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

still struggling!

Thanks all..... I've followed the suggestion of attempting to register and I get : "Sorry, we not able to set up you VM account at the moment....." and goes on to suggest I wait until my broadband has been set up.  The broadband has now been working for several days and on trying another couple of times to register, I keep getting the same negative response.  I'm using the correct account number that VM sent me and the correct area number - am I missing something somewhere|?  Incidentally all the emails I have had from VM have all been sent to the previously rejected email address!

So, next steps please......

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: still struggling!

For the registration of the online account. Have you been able to try different web browsers & different devices?

^Martin

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

And thanks again.  I've tried to register using a PC and a tablet, with Firefox, MS Edge and Chrome, but  I keep getting the same refusal message. I don't know if any of the following is relevant.... My TV package is working perfectly: my phone number has not yet ben transferred: the broadband works but the expected 100Mbps has not yet exceeded 40Mbps.

To add insult to injury, VM have now informed by email that they have issued my first bill, which of course I cannot access  because I can't register. Something very odd going on here. Any further suggestions gratefully received!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi martincp,

Thanks for for your post and welcome to the Community Forums. Sorry this is still ongoing. I'll send you a PM to get your account information.

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos