Menu
Katanne
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

cable installed by drilling through a garden wall.

Hi, two things, the cable is still exposed on my garden and needs a green protection sheath, also major landscaping will be done in the next few weeks, and the cable when installed was drillied through the garden wall (which is to be demolished) - how can this be protected?  I think it will be difficult to break the bricks/mortar off without damaging the cable - The wall is to be replaced with Iron railings, so not a problem.

You did agree to the cable protector last year and then COVID struck.

I can send photos of the cable/wall/garden if required.

Thanks

Katanne

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: cable installed by drilling through a garden wall.

Share some photos, we can advise further and look to get the green ducting sorted too.

If I've helped please let me know 🙂 Matt

A 10+ Year Virgin Media veteran, been here through the Up's and the Down's and Down's....
Vodafone 5G EE BQM Hub 4 BQM Hub 3 BQM Hitron CGNV4 BQM TT BQM

Technical Support - AV & Networking - Customer Service - Finance - Culinary - Construction
0 Kudos
Katanne
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Front of wallFront of walldrill hole for cabledrill hole for cableloose cable on gardenloose cable on gardengap between bricksgap between bricks

Copy pictures showing where the cable is drilled through the garden wall, which is coming down, and running along the garden to the junction box, again the bricks and remaining wall is to be removed and replaced with metal railing.  Thanks again for help

0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the pics, assuming that the drill hole for the cable goes through the cement and not the bricks it shouldn't be to hard to just knock the brick off the top to retrieve the cable and then pull aside to remove the lower bricks.

When the railing goes up, I guess there will be a gap underneath where the cable can continue through, once the railing is up come back and get Virgin to send a team to bury the rest of the cable properly in the garden.

A member of the team should be along shortly to help work this out, when would the wall be coming down?

A 10+ Year Virgin Media veteran, been here through the Up's and the Down's and Down's....

Technical Support - AV & Networking - Customer Service - Finance - Culinary - Construction
0 Kudos
Katanne
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Matt

Thanks for this reply - very much appreciated, and you have helped enormously.

I think we will be taking down the wall in the next 10-20 days, and ordering the railings, which I guess will take a couple of weeks to come.  Yes there will be a gap at the bottom of them, so the cable can happily sit there.  I will double check where it is drilled through, I guess mortar, so yes I should be able to knock off easily (I hope!).

I presume that I now wait for contact from the team?

Katanne

0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Ok, yes if you wait here the team should be able to help.

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thanks for your post Katanne,

I've been able to local the area field managers for your local area and have brought this to their attention via E-Mail

I'll seek to update you, if and when I have any updates

If you are contacted directly by our area field managers, do please update the thread to keep me and other readers in the loop

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Katanne
Tuning in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi David

Fabulous - I will certainly up date once I have heard anything.

Thanks again

Katanne