Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

?bogus call

Called to cancel my package as coming to the end of an offer and the following day we received a call from someone saying they worked for Virgin Media and wanted to talk to us about what they could do to keep us as a customer. He left a mobile number to call on so called him back and discussed what he could offer us and he made us an offer, which is when things got a little odd - he seemed to think I was a new customer and wanted to set up a new account, when I challenged him and said already a customer he got a bit muddled and asked for the Virgin Media account number to make the changes, which I gave him and then he said he'd sort it and thanks.

Called Virgin Media directly and they said that they only do calls like this to about 1% of customers, so it is possible and if it was legitimate then he would be the only person who could authorise it; similarly he said the mobile number he gave could be because he is working from home.

Just wondered if anyone has any advice as to whether this is legitimate or not? I've got a package ready to go with another company at the end of my current contract, just need to know whether I need to cancel it or continue.

I have the guy's name and the number he called on.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: ?bogus call

Hi

our sales are working from home and using mobiles to contact potential customers and existing. 

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: ?bogus call

Ok thanks.

I'll wait to see if anything happens then; just seemed a little too odd.

0 Kudos