Menu
martadep
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

billing issue

I called to install virgin around the 25th of January, the operator I talked to was nice and told me the first available date was 25th of February. I accepted so I was asked the card details just to run a credit check, I was told I'll receive a contract or an email or a message with information. At that time installation fees were supposed to be waived.

I wait for about a week and I don't receive anything so I try to call back but didn't manage to get through once, second time they told me they'd send me the contract within 24 hours, they didn't. Then I started receiving SMS confirming the installation date to which I replied confirming but nothing else. On the 25th February Virigin is Installed and the technician leaves me the account number. Still no contract or other information, nothing to sign or confirm.

Two weeks ago I see on my bank account that I've been charged 88 pounds from Virgin. I still didn't receive any contract, so I use the chat and they told me they'll send me the contract within 24 hours, still nothing. Additionally I figured out I paid 35 pounds for the activation which I was supposed not to pay in the first place but the agent on the chat said they couldn't do anything about it because I had no records of it. 

I wonder if it is legal to charge me without me giving an explicit authorization when they said it was only for credit checks - it was the only instance I had to give card details

And I wonder if I can get the installation fees waived because that was what was agree on the first phone call. 

Any information on how to solve that?

0 Kudos
Sofia_B
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: billing issue

Hi @martadep

Welcome to the community and thanks for your first post, we're happy to have you with us. 🙂

I'm very sorry to hear about your experience here, I can appreciate this must be very frustrating and we apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

I'm going to send you a PM so we can look into this for you. Please look out for a notification in the purple envelope located in the top right hand corner of your screen. 

Thanks, 

Sofia
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos