Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

bill change....

my bill has changed ... my promotion price is obviously over and now doubled in price.. I take it I can cancel now??

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: bill change....

hello ...
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Your contract will tell you what your minimum term is why explains when you can cancel without penalty

You can find this in My Virgin Media > My Bills > View Contract.

Some promotional offers expire before your minimum term does, which means any cancellation may incur an Early Disconnection Fee
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

EDIT: As per Ben Smiley Happy

Your contract can be seen in your account at the VM website. It will say when it is due to finish. If its been a year and you think it has ended it will probably show it with monthly rolling date - so you will need to give 30 days notice of leaving.
Could also Try this.
Call “Retentions” on 150 or 0345 454 1111 - options 1-1-4-5 "Thinking of leaving" - they are open Monday – Friday, 8am - 8pm and on Saturday from 8am - 6pm. – [early is best!]) you will get a UK call centre who are more flexible. Tell them you are thinking of leaving for Sky/BT because of this price hike and there are some great deals from them - and as you are out of contract there will be no £ penalty. Still worth doing even if you are in a "new contract". They should immediately default to offering you a new package deal which should beat the increased price, in lieu of starting a new 12 months contract. See what they can do for you.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Browny17,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about your package price change.

The answers provided earlier are all correct. you can check your contract terms in your My Virgin Media online account. If you are on a 30-day rolling contract, then you can cancel without penalties. If you're still within your contract terms, then early disconnection fees may apply.

I also suggest contacting our Retentions teams so we can review your package and give you the best options on what to do next. Just dial 150 from your Virgin Media home phone or 0345 454 1111, choose 4, then option 5.

If you have any queries, you can always go back to the Community to seek answers.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Valerie_T

0 Kudos