Menu
royvermin29
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

bereavement disconnection

Hiya, my father inlaw recently passed away his  VirginMedia account is at his house but is in my  name  I have emailed the disconnect form to the email stated at the top of the form but i have had no reply.. we no longer require this service is anyone able to help? This form was supposed to make cancelling easy. i had a reply only to say that they would sort out the account , the problem is i want to keep the number associated with this account as its registered as a contact for the funeral directors and the nreverend 

at the church , i am worried that the number will be cut off and i lose it . its imperative that i retain this number , its been 4 days now and no more replies yet . what happens next . im happy to restart my mobile account with existing number , ive heard that the number converts to payg . is this true . will i need a pac code   ????any help appreciated 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
spgray
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: bereavement disconnection

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/account-holder-has-died

• Get in touch on 0800 952 2302

-----------------------------------------------------------

My Broadband Ping - spgray

0 Kudos
royvermin29
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

i already sent that form to disconnect , they sent 1 reply to say they will sort out account but i need to know the number is safe , ive asked a few times via email and i was on to them on the phone for 2 hours on monday and then got cut off .its difficult but i need to know asap .

0 Kudos
spgray
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

there's an 0800 number to call, that's probably your best bet at this stafe.

0 Kudos
royvermin29
Tuning in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

thats the number i rang on monday , i was put through  3 different departments and was on for 2 hours 2 minutes then suddenly got cut off . .

0 Kudos
royvermin29
Tuning in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

thanks for help btw .forgot to say that .

i was hoping an admin or member of virgin would pick this up .

0 Kudos
spgray
Problem sorter
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

you've posted in the community natter section, which is for off-topic discussion and generally won't be picked up by virgin staff.

you'd probably be better posting in the virgin accounts sub-forum if you want a virgin rep to pick it up, but even then it make take up to a week for something to get to it.

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @royvermin29

Welcome to our Community and thank you for your first post - I was sorry to hear about the loss of your Father-in-Law; please do accept our condolences. 

When filling out the forms on our online Bereavement Page , we aim to action the request within 7 days and usually no further correspondence is required. The issue here may be due to the fact that you are the account holder; not your Father-In-Law.

We may be able to intercept this for you if you're not wanting to cancel the full account as yet. 

I'll pop you a Private Message so we can take some account details from you and do what we can to assist you and your family. Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of the page and pop me a reply when you can. 

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hello @royvermin29

Thanks so much for your Private Message; glad to hear that you have since managed to get the help you needed and everything has been dealt with - I do appreciate the update.

Hope you have a good weekend, stay safe 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos