cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

being charged more than my agreed contract

darrenuk10023
On our wavelength

Hello, my 18 month contract agreed £52 per month Contract date:
Thursday 13th October 2022 & now being charged £59, Contract ends 12th April 2024

Can someone sort this out please.

10 REPLIES 10

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @darrenuk10023 

Thanks for posting on our community forum and sorry to hear about the issue with your bill

The contract you received at point of sale should provide the length and amount of your discounts, it sounds to me as one of those discounts may of ran out. If you're unhappy with your current deal I'd suggest contacting our team on 150 or 0345 454 1111 who will be more than happy to look into your package with you and negotiate a new deal if needs be, we do not deal with general package changes via the forums unfortunately.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You should check your contract as I suspect it will say that you have a fixed discount, rather than a fixed price.

The increase is likely the general price increase which you should have been advised of by email or letter. Check your SPAM.

In any case, the Virgin Media staff here can confirm your situation, possibly in a few days.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

contract.PNG

Nope contract say this discount ends 13th April 2024, Should still be £52

Yes, but even the general price increase, should not Apply to me as singed contract & agreed £52 then £57 on 13th April 2024, other people not paying it. why should & contract is final.

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for letting us know. 

It might be that you have been affected by this years price rise - documentation/literature would have been sent out in advance to confirm this - have you received anything like that? It would have been by email/text/post etc. I would advise for you to call the team on the numbers my colleague has provided above as they would 100% be able to confirm this with you and also review your current package if needed. 

Cheers, 

Ryan. 

Hello, No did not get anything in post or email, I see on my contract PDF is says 

The price of your Virgin Media services may increase during your contract.

Just I read other people have had the increase stopped & only paying what there contract says. Regards.

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for the updated, darrenuk10023. 

I assume this would have been because those people had called the team during the team - in which they were able to agree to a reduction or review of their package/contract. I'd suggest contacting our team on 150 or 0345 454 1111 who will be more than happy to look into your package with you and negotiate a new deal if needs be, we do not deal with general package changes via the forums unfortunately.

Cheers, 

Ryan. 

Yes your right, Thank you.