cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

appalling customer service from Virgin - Are they always like this?

Dan_M30
Joining in

We have only been a Virgin customer for a couple of months but I can safely say that I am not impressed with them one bit!!  We've been trying to get the large brown box that they fitted to the front of the house moved as they installed this when no-one was in and the property was empty.  My landlord is now kicking up a massive fuss as they have installed the box in the most ridiculous place in the middle of the front wall of the house.  Surely they should not have done this without someone being present at the time of fitting this (they would have been told where to put it if someone had been in)?

I have lost count now of the number of phone calls , web chats etc that we have had to try and get this resolved but its like banging your head against a brick wall (never mind the time taken off work). Anyone would think we were asking for an impossible task!!

A Virgin engineer has been out numerous times and when they arrive, they tell us that they can't move the box - its an external company that does it!!  YES - WE KNOW THAT!! It seems we know more than Virgin!!  They then say they'll speak to their manager who will call us back and guess what - no one ever does!!!  They give you their mobile number but again when you try ringing it, it rings out, no one ever answers and no one ever calls you back.

Any ideas how we can get this resolved ASAP?

2 REPLIES 2

goslow
Alessandro Volta

You might make further progress on here with the help of the VM forum team. Usual format for this type of query is to post up some photos highlighting what the problem is and what you want doing about it. This info, together with the photos, is then usually relayed to someone from VM at a local level to advise what can be done about it.

Be aware though that if you end up in a situation of having to have the cable re-installed, this will be subject to VM's currently-chaotic processes for installing new cables (which, for some customers, have gone on for months and months) sometimes resulting in a loss of service when installing the new cable ran into problems. Check out the 'Quick Start' forum for further examples of this.

One of the VM forum team should reply in a day or two.

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Dan_M30,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm very sorry to hear you've been having some problems regarding your install. Can you please provide us with photo(s) of where this is installed and located on the property? We can then have a better view of the problem you're referring to.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!