Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

account mis-selling

I have recently taken out a new account and was promised a £50.00 credit on this when I took out the account by the agent on the phone, I was also advised there would be no set up fees and I provided details to set up a direct debit.  As my first bill should only have been £47.00 I wasn't expecting anything to be taken in the first month so have only just check my account to find that I have a bill waiting to be paid of £151.45 which includes two months charges and an activation fee and no sign of the £50.00 credit I was promised.

I'm now being told by your agents that I'm not eligible for the credit and they can't remove the activation fee either.  I took the account out in good faith based on the information provided by the telephone agent.  I have been advised you can't access your phone records to check the details of this which is very convenient given as this is the only way it can be proved.  Can I not cancel this account as I am now over a month into it?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: account mis-selling

Its usual to pay two months bill on the first bill - as it usually is due to be paid after around a month of service. So you pay for the month you've already had by that point and then the next month in advance. Which is normal as you usually pay in advance for your services with Virgin.

What is puzzling is how the £151 is made up? Activation is £25, Install £40 (which is normally free) and you say your monthly bill should be £47 - so it doesn't quite add up even with two months bills on the first one.

To get this looked into properly your best bet is to raise a complaint.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I totally appreciate there could be two months charge on first invoice the issue is I was promised a £50.00 credit and was advised there were no additional set up fees but have been charged £49.95 in activation fees and nobody is now willing to look into the fact that this account has been mis-sold.  I've logged an official complaint maybe somebody might be able to access their phone records and clarify what I'm saying is right.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Ah! The 49.95 charge is for the an additional box usually - does that sound correct. This is what the £50 credit should have removed.

So it does sound they removed the 25 activation, but not the additional box cost.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

yes there are two boxes but the £50.00 credit I was promised was not to remove this charge it was a referral credit which they are now claiming I'm not entitled to but only advised this after I've taken out the contract with them.  I was never advised about the activation fee at all in the conversation with the agent on the phone and am now being told that they cannot access the phone records as they are only for training and monitoring purposes which is convenient as this is the only way I can backup what I am saying.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Refer a friend usually won't be done over the phone, but they can agree to do it as an exception.

They can listen to the calls, but not all are recorded. The best way to sort this is to actually formally complain, it will be looked at by another team of agents altogether and they will be able to help further.

Which package did you take?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I think it's called TV mix

0 Kudos