Menu
Maryamh
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Zero support for disabled!

I am so cross that I wasted my day yesterday trying to get help online.

I am disabled, not deaf.

I signed up for 50 mbps but virginmedia increased my speed without asking and of course the increased costs.

I want to leave as I no longer trust that virginmedia will adhere to any agreement.

It transpires that disabled cannot get any help at all.

Anyone any idea for getting virgin media to do as agreed without charging like a wounded bull?

0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Zero support for disabled!

speed increases happen from time to time but they do not usually incur a cost increase - if you bill has gone up because of that then afaik thats wrong - on the other hand they do have annual price increases - there is one in progress - if thats what been added to your bill then that would have happened had your speed not increased 

you need to talk to them to clarify whats happened - try this

dial 150 or 0345 454 1111 and follow the prompts to - 'thinking of leaving us' - then "technical issues" - dont worry about that they do much more - open 8am -10pm 7 days a week - should take you to a UK call centre

they may be able to offer you a better deal - if you are out of contract and want to leave then you need to give 30 days notice - if you are in contract and the increase is due to an annual price increase then you can leave - again with 30 days notice with no penalty

Tony
0 Kudos
Maryamh
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Disabled: unable to use the phone!

Only the deaf have any other option... oh wait no they have to be able to use the phone as well.

There is zero other support.

0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

ahhhh sorry - i did not pick up from your 1st post that the phone is/was not an option - i will flag the thread but not sure that will take things anywhere as staff here are very limited what they can do on accounts

Tony
0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Maryamh,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, I am sorry to hear you package price was increased without your knowledge,  

I have had a look our end and will be happy to discuss the findings and review your options. so I can help further I will send you an invite into a private chat, please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
Maryamh
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

They have taken no responsibility for the UNAUTHORISED increases.

Only offering 50 mbps at £38 per month.

Looks like I will be leaving as there is zero accessible support and of course no trust.

I am out of contract having been with virgin for over 10 years and now due to my disabilities I can no longer use the phone.

0 Kudos
Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Maryamh,

We have discussed packages we have available and offered the cheapest available one for the requirements you have requested. 

^Martin

0 Kudos