Menu
evovski
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Your website a joke, your webchat team a disgrace and liars.Please help urgently.

I've tried to get hold of webchat to resolve this problem, but your site is so much of a joke, the option doesn't appear, and when you try something as simple as just trying to get a contact, you get sent in an infinite loop.

OK. CONTEXT. I care for an uncle with dementia. To this end, it's gotten to the point that a landline would be useful; given that my contract for broadband is aboutt o end, I figured I could look at the upgrade options, but of course your site doesn't work, despite being paid up has nothing for me...And so I decided to use the webchat.

After a brief, but what I thought was a pleasant conversation with "princess", I decided that an any time package would probably be the best route to go, opted for that, at which point was informed that there would be a £35 connection fee and £77 a month - something of a bitter pill to swallow considering I've been a customer for a good couple of years now and hoped that loyalty would count for something.

Princess somewhat agreed, agreed to waive the activation fee, the installation fee, and reduce the package to £62 a month which is MUCH more reasonable. At lesat, so i thought until I found out that the lying little torage put everything through at the full price anyway, meaning my monthly bill will be £77, ON TOP of the activation fee and jnstallation fee.

Fix this. Now. Or I will be phoning up to cancel everything and move in my entirety to sky.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
BeardedBlunder
Dialled in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Your website a joke, your webchat team a disgrace and liars.Please help urgently.

Good luck getting through on the phone, you'll need it, writing an old fashioned steam letter will likely get faster & more positive results, though the staff on this forum seem willing to help, even then the response time is far from instant.  Could be 2 or 3 days before they get to you. Welcome to Virgin's substitute for customer service.  It certainly isn't *actual* customer service.

0 Kudos
Snowy1969
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Your website a joke, your webchat team a disgrace and liars.Please help urgently.

I wish you good luck sorting anything out with VM either via chat, telephone or by using their messaging service.  I only set up the contract on the 30th Jan 2021 and within two days discovered that they were going to charge the £35 activation fee (STATED ONLINE & IN THE VIRGIN MEDIA ORDER EMAIL as FREE but worth £35) on top of the £46.99 for my monthly fee.  I received the order email the 30th Jan and a couple of days later the contract email arrived.  On reading the contract and discovering they were going to charge me the £35 activation fee I started trying to contact VM to resolve the situation.  Three times on the VM chat facility with promises to sort out the error, two tries using the mobile messaging facility (07533051809) which have been totally ignored.  Then a phone call today on which I could not get past the security questions.  How much was your first bill which I have not yet paid as the first bill is what I am calling about.  Other questions which as a new customer I was also unable to answer as I have only been a customer for 10 days.  ALL the telephone agent / advisor could say was she could only ask the questions that she was given.  (Reminds me of the TV show "Little Britain" where one of David Walliams character said "The computer says NO".  

Any ways I have seen something on the contract regarding cancellation.  It states the following:

To cancel you have FOURTEEN days from the later of: (i) the day
after the delivery of the equipment; (ii) the service start date; or
(iii) the day you received this contract (that provides a link to the
Terms and Conditions).
Alternatively, please print this contract form and write CANCEL
across the front and send it to: Virgin Media, Winnall Down,
Alresford Road, Winchester, Hampshire SO21 1FP

Hopes this helps you in some way and maybe gives you something to laugh at in these "VERY FRUSTRATING TIMES"

By saying this, I do not mean the Covid-19 situation, but I refer to the "VERY FRUSTRATING TIMES DEALING WITH VIRGIN MEDIA"

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi evovski,

Welcome to the Community Forums, many apologies for our delayed response from here. 

I am very sorry to hear that there was a pricing issue with your recent upgrade order, I can imagine how frustrating this must have been. I understand that it's been a while since your posted - can you please let us know if you are still seeking help with this?

We don't usually help with package changes here from the forums, but given the circumstances mentioned in your post we do really want to help and ensure this is sorted for you.

Please just let me know if you still need some help and we'll be happy to send over a PM and take some more details.

Kind regards,

Beth

0 Kudos