Menu
I_want_to_leave
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

You scammed me and I want to leave

A couple of days ago I was thinking to join virgin media and choosing one of their package for the new address I am moving to. I have reached a stage where I need to say if there is already a their cable socket at the address, which I didn't know yet, so I paused the process, as I wanted to check the new place for the socket first, before going on with the subscription.

then, in the evening (I think it was around 20:30) I get a call from a guy from this number:

I says he is from Virgin and says I didn't finish the process, etc... to which I explained the reason. So he said "that's fine, we can do it now on the phone" and anyway if was very, very pushy, trying to convince me to do it on the phone rightaway, then asked me for account number and sort code to set up the direct debit, so I really didn't feel comfortable AT ALL about all this... so I didn't give him the details, and he said "that's fine, I will just set everything up, then you can add those informations online, or using the app". Then our conversation ended.

Within MINUTES I get a sort of "pre-contract" email with all the details... and I find out the package he has chosen is NOT the one I told him I wanted, but he has chosen something tat costs more, for less speed and for a voucher of less value than the one I wanted!

So, I tried to call him back, no answer.... then tried again the next day, several times. Sometimes it would ring then go to the voice mail, some other times he would actually end the call without answering, so I know he is just avoiding me!

I have tried to get in touch with virgin media through the website, in an endless loop of links where you click somewhere, then it asks you to sign in again, so you so, but the page refresh and you have to click the link again..... and so on.

I even tried to call the customer service, but still none would answer (I am on the phone right now while typing this and I have already been waiting for half an hour).

Anyway I have managed to send a complain yesterday morning and still no reply from anyone... and the confirmation email from the complain team says that they require up to 28 days to get back to me?? No, I WANT YOU TO DELETE EVERYTHING YOU HAVE DONE, delete me from you system!

In the meantime, they have already sent me the contract via email twice, so they are very quick on this.... not so much in answering me, though.

I wrote this in the complain, and now I am writing it here: I want you to cancel this package, all my details, my account, everything... as I didn't sign any contract and not service has started yet.

I want you to do it NOW, so that I can finally choose another company because, considering the way you have been acting so far, I'm definitely convinced I don't want to be with Virgin.

In case it's needed, my reference number for the complain is: C-200121380

I want an answer asap.

Thanks

0 Kudos
DavidJWalker
Rising star
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: You scammed me and I want to leave

one you should know what scam calls are never give out your account numbers and that number is not registered to virgin media they never ask your bank account numbers with virgin media staff.

and i think its totaly fake person trying to scam you for money virgin media only has like 2 numbers under them and thats not one of them

0345 454 1111

0800 052 0422

they have no 0333 numbers 

My Broadband Ping - Virgin Media 350MB

Using VIVID 500 Optical Fibre

Just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong. If you do like my answer please mark it as helpful; it may help others
0 Kudos
I_want_to_leave
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I didn't give him any of my bank details. But after the call, I got the confirmation email with the wrong package, etc... so I guess it is actually someone from virgin media, otherwise how could they set up the rest of the account without me doing anything? Besides, he was the one telling me the address I put in the website during the registration process (I didn't tell him anything) and he set up the password, which I then used with the Virgin media team, so yes, he definitely works for virgin.

What I am saying is that he just tried to sell me something more expensive, perhaps to get a percentage on the selling, or something similar. And I won't allow that.

0 Kudos
DavidJWalker
Rising star
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

0333 numbers are scammers number i block them all so basely someone used your credit ratting to sign up to virgin media if you can ring up use there one not 0333 give them the account number of the account and see if it really actice within virgin media if not it will not really show up on there system some companys had data stolen from them last year one other thing they can't take money anyway if you have not given bank info and if its does not get installed it will not be a actice account with virgin media

Just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong. If you do like my answer please mark it as helpful; it may help others
0 Kudos
I_want_to_leave
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Sorry, but what do you mean by someone used my credit rating? How can someone "use" my credit rating to sing up to Virgin media? Genuinely asking.

Also, how could he be able to find out the address I was going to move in, as this was something I only wrote in the Virgin website during the registration process (which I didn't finish)?
Plus, after his call, I got the confirmation email from Virgin, with the details he talked about on the phone. And again, once into my account in virgin media website, all the details discussed with that person were there (even the date in which they were supposed to instal everything).

I am not saying this to be against what you... but to actuallyunderstand how this is possible because if he was actually ascammer, than he got loads of info about me without me even saying anything... and that's scary.

Anyway likely I have trusted my gut and didn't give him any bank detail.

But still... this whole situation just made me really uncomfortable and I want to go for another company.

UPDATE:

After 1hr and 40 mins (and put on hold three times) I finally managed to cancel my membership.

Anway nowI will start blocking 0333 numbers too!

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@DavidJWalker wrote:
0333 numbers are scammers number

Not true. Some scammers operate using 0333 numbers, and some 0333 numbers are used by scammers.

But to say that 0333 numbers are scammers, is not accurate.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
DavidJWalker
Rising star
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

i mainly get alot of scammers from 0333 numbers i block them nearly right way i nomaly mute my mic on my phone it mess with them too

0 Kudos