cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You're not with Virgin Media anymore

johncumiskey
Joining in

Hi there. I changed my address last week and as of last Wednesday 30/06 my services are meant to have been active at the new address. I've tried everything to get a connection but always get the same issue. 'IPv4 is not valid' / 'broadband connection is down'.

Tonight I went through the help pages again and when I signed in was greeted with some text saying 'You're no longer with Virgin Media'. This is despite me having just been sent my bill for July. That's at least I week now I have had no services, meaning I can't even access Virgin TV Go via my phone.

Screenshot_20210706_222020.jpg

2 REPLIES 2

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi johncumiskey,

When you change address VM create a new account for your new property.

Did you receive new equipment, or did the Home Move department advise you take your current equipment with you?

As far as I know you should have received new paperwork that would  include your new account number. 

As part of the home move process VM can/should perform a shift and move to transfer your details across from the old account to the new one.

Forum Staff may be able to do this for you, however it may take from a couple of days..

Providing the Home Move has been actioned correctly you may need to call 0800 953 9500 to activate your equipment. You will need the serial numbers

You could also try contacting  New accounts and Set Up for them to complete the setup and activation. That would be options 1,1,1 and 4 if dialling 150 from a Virgin landline , or options 1,1,2 and 4  if dialling 0345 4541111 from any other phone, or  freephone number 0800 052 0422

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @johncumiskey

Thanks for posting!

I'm going to private message you now to collect a few more details, please keep an eye on your inbox.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs