Menu
EdinburghBurc
Tuning in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

You're not with Virgin Media anymore

I've been using Virgin Media Broadband since 02/2018 and never had any problems with this company. However, this morning I've realised there is a connection error, it said "Access Denied" so I've just tried to login to my Virgin Media account from their website. On the main page it said "You're not with Virgin Media anymore
If there's any information you want to grab from your account, you have 90 days from your disconnection date to do so. Please make sure you retrieve all your important emails and files before this time."

After seeing this message, I've called the customer service to get some technical support. The person on the phone had just told me that "Someone on your building or street has applied for a new installation and he/she has mistakenly used your home address instead of their one, so, therefore, the person in our company(Virgin Media) thought you have moved the premises and he permanently closed your account. That's why you have no longer a broadband service."

I've never heard anything like this before in my life. Yet, I've asked the technician to recover my account immediately because I have multiple online businesses where I sell my products, receiving multiple emails and etc but he's just told me "This kind of recovery could take up to 72 hours".

I'm a software engineer and I really want to speak with someone who knows what he/she talks about IT to solve this issue. 

Virgin Media does not have the right to "Permanently Close" my account without just give me a call, send me an email or a post to at least let me know "We're very sorry to hear that you're leaving etc" and maybe I could've saved my account and be able to use my broadband now. This is a very serious violation of my contract with Virgin Media. Whoever had applied for a new installation by using the wrong address has %10 of the mistake in this situation but Virgin Media has almost %90 mistake on this.

I've asked the so-called technician this; "Imagine if I use any name and surname to apply for a "New Broadband Installation" by using one of my neighbour's address and then will Virgin Media close their account permanently just because I've used wrong address?" He said "YES". 

This company is a joke.

0 Kudos
FrogCF
Dialled in
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: You're not with Virgin Media anymore

Hi,

I'm really sorry for the inconvenience please call Virgin Media switch broad ask for the complaints team they will ask if you have open complaint say yes they will connect you too CEO.

call 0345 454 1111

If you have anymore questions don't hesitate to contact me back.

[MOD EDIT: incorrect contact number given]

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi EdinburghBurc, thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

I am sorry to hear your services have been incorrectly cancelled.  You're correct in stating that our teams should be reaching out, to verify that the information we have is correct.  Do we definitely have your correct contact details on our system? I am so sorry if we do and there's no missed calls or voicemails.

Regards

Lee_R

0 Kudos
EdinburghBurc
Tuning in
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lee_R,

I've been receiving my bill statements for almost every 29 months without any issues and I've already confirmed all my contact details with the technician yesterday. 

0 Kudos
EdinburghBurc
Tuning in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi FrogCF,

Thank you for the reply but even the number you've provided is totally incorrect and not working at all. 

0 Kudos
Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

In which case I am sincerely sorry.  I am going to send you a private message.  Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R

0 Kudos
Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi EdinburghBurc

Just a quick post to confirm you're satisfied with the efforts of our forum team?

Please remember, if you need the help of our fantastic community, or ourselves, we're always willing to help:-)

Regards

Lee_R

EdinburghBurc
Tuning in
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hello Lee_R,

My problem has been sorted out and everything is back to normal thanks to the Virgin Media customer service. I would like to thank you personally as you have accelerated the process and sorted my problem. I'm fully satisfied with the efforts of your forum team 🙂 

Kind Regards,

Burc 

0 Kudos
nimenionlinda
Joining in
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hello,

We have exactly the same issue, also in Edinburgh! What is going on?

Except that we've had no broadband for four full weeks now... 

We first noticed our broadband was down on the 20th of July. The next day, we checked our account on your website, and it said we'd been disconnected because of unpaid bills. Then the account disappeared. On 25th July, we got a letter in the post, saying another customer has asked to set up broadband at our address. The letter is dated on the 21st, when our broadband had already been shut off for a day. 

Since then, we've spent hours on the phone to customer service, to no avail. For a while, the social media team on Facebook was very helpful, but now they've gone silent, too.

No idea what to do next.

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi nimenionlinda, thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

I am really sorry you're having issues with your connection.  Can I ask if this issue is impacting your internet as a whole or if it's WiFi only? I am more than happy to take a look at this for you now.  To enable me to do so I am going to send you a private message.  Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.  

For future reference, have you checked here for any area issues?  You may also get a more post code specific update by calling our service status line on 0800 561 0061.

Regards

Lee_R

0 Kudos