cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You have spelt name wrong

WillowStorm
Tuning in

Signed up recently with installation booked for November 18th. All emails were in my full name - Anne-Louise Murray until the contract one. Since then my name on your system is Anne-Louis Murray.

Please change this! It's not my name and as a new customer I have been trying to sort this since 1st Nov with no help at all via X & Whatapp. Hoping you can fix this and get my name corrected.

Thanks 

7 REPLIES 7

jrl7904
On our wavelength

give up all hope once they screw up they cant fix it as they dont know how and cant be bothered 

Ha ha ha abandon hope all ye who enter.

If you are lucky and the VM forum team member has had a satisfying lunch and a good night's sleep they'll sort it out for you. Otherwise you will be told it is quite impossible and to call customer services. 

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).

Hi @WillowStorm 

Welcome to the community forums 

Really sorry to hear that you've not been able to discuss your mis-spelt name with us to get this resolved. I'll be more than happy to look into getting this sorted for you. 

Please join me on private message so I can locate your account and pass account security. You can see your private messages at the top of the page, in the envelope icon or if you're using a smaller device, you can see your private messages by clicking on the Virgin Media logo at the top right and select 'Messages' from the drop down. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thank you for joining me on private message @WillowStorm 

Glad we were able to get this send off to be amended today. 

If you believe the issue to be resolved you can mark the thread as resolved by clicking the helpful answer given and this will show anyone else having issue that an answer was given and direct them to the post, alternatively you can just like or 'kudos' the post if it helped you. 

Please let us know if you are having any further issues or have any questions at all. We'll be here to help on the community forums if needed :). 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Not resolved. Apparently my name is too long and they can't fix or change to Louise which is half the name because that needs my passport etc to be in.

Wishing I'd never signed up 

In that case let's just hope they haven't tried fitting VMO2's Chairman of the Board José María Álvarez-Pallete López on to the system... 

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).

I know right! Have a colleague who shortening his name would be culturally offensive. Must tell him to never use Virgin!

Never had this issue before and I was with them before years ago!