cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yodel cannot locate the returned HUB 4 parcel which VM confirmed not received yet

karubin
Joining in

Hello,

I did a simple search and have found at least 3 threads that Yodel failed to send back the clients' returned HUBs to Virgin Media, and it seems to keep happening as I am a new addition to client group who had the same issue.

I have recently received a HUB 5 and returned my hub 4 right away on the 11th March 2023. However, Yodel tracking stopped on the 15th March with status "Processed at National Hub". There are no further updates.

I contacted Yodel today and their replies were...
Reply #1. "Upon checking the details, I can confirm that the parcels from Very have been returned in bulk due to which the parcel's tracking has not been updated. The parcel was collected from the store on 13th of Mar 2023 at 12:39 PM then it was dispatched on its way to your retailer's warehouse on the 13th Mar at 21:44 PM."
**Note: The agent probably mixed up Virgin Media with Very.

Reply #2. "Also, when the parcels are returned in bulk it is not feasible for the driver to scan every parcel that is why the tracking says "En route". I would request you to get in touch with your retailer using the ID (deleted) and ask them to check their warehouse to confirm whether the return was received.

So Yodel basically asked me to be the middle man to help them confirm if VM has received the HUB 4 parcel.

When I asked "So, from Yodel's perspective, Yodel cannot track where the parcel is, and cannot confirm whether the parcel has been delivered or not. Correct?"

Yodel agent replied (Reply #3) "I'm sure that the parcel is with the client by now, however, if that doesn't happen then ask the retailer to contact us via their client portal to resolve this matter further."

After that, I reached out to VM by live chat, but VM agent confirmed they have not received the returned HUB4 yet, and requested me to reach out to YODEL. The VM agent said they could not make outgoing calls to YODEL, so they want me, a VM client, to call YODEL instead.

Now it is just unprofessional. Yodel, a VM's designated courier, thinks the parcel has arrived but fails to update the parcel tracking. VM confirmed they have not received it but the agent could not coordinate with YODEL directly and could not liaise with their voice team to communicate with YODEL. Furthermore, VM agent asked the VM client (me) to be the middle man to help track down the parcel which was submitted to YODEL following VM's instructions. They are basically asking me, a client, to do their job for them.

I definitely do not want VM to think I mishandled or kept their HUB and charge me for it. I would like a Virgin Media agent to look into this case to make sure they communicate with YODEL directly in a timely manner. Asking a customer to be the liaison/middle man to do their job is unacceptable.

Furthermore, from all the feedback we observe on this community forum and reddit posts from VM users, we hope VM would re-evaluate the service quality of YODEL and have a serious conversation with them if they really want to provide a good customer service to their clients.
1 REPLY 1

Molly_T
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Karubin 👋 welcome to the community! Thank you for posting. 

Sorry to hear this feedback of your recent experience returning a hub, with yodel, and ourselves. I can appreciate your concerns and would like to offer some support! 

I will send you a PM to confirm a few account details. (You can find this in the top right corner of the page in your Inbox 📩.)  We can then further investigate what's going on with the package, help raise a complaint, and offer support with any incorrect equipment returns charges if needed. We can then return back to this public thread with an update when possible. 

Thanks for your patience in the meantime! All the best. 🌞

Molly