Menu
Sidana
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Yodel Lost My Returning Kit

Hello,

I cancelled my contract recently and received a returning kit from Virgin Media. Virgin Media sent me multiple texts that an engineer would come and collect the wifi router but he NEVER arrived. So I took the router to a Collect+ store on 29 May 2021. Yodel collected it on 1 June 2021 but then there has been no tracking updates after it being despatched from Yodel's depot. I contacted Yodel about this and Yodel said they probably lost the parcel (although they'll investigate where the parcel has gone).

Could Forum Team please advise me what to do about this issue. I'd be REALLY upset if Virgin Media charges me for £40 because of Yodel's (and Virgin Media's own) fault.

0 Kudos
Laurie_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Yodel Lost My Returning Kit

Hi Sidana,

Thanks for getting in touch, and a very warm welcome to the Community Forum. I'm sorry that you've had this issue.

I'd like to look into this issue further for you. I'll just need to confirm some details via Private Message. I'll just need to confirm some details via Private Message. Please look out for a purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen.

Kind regards,

Laurie

Laurie_C
Forum Team
0 Kudos
Sidana
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Laurie, 

First of all, thank you very much for your help. Despite our correspondences about this issue (and a confirmation that I will not be charged £40), I just received an email and a text saying I will be charged £40 because I did not return the kit. This is confusing. Could Laurie or anyone from the Forum Team please explain the situation. Thank you very much.

Kind regards

0 Kudos
Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @Sidana 

I'm so sorry to hear this! Let me send you a PM so we can look into this together.

Please keep an eye out for the purple envelope in the top right corner alerting you to a new message! 

Ash_C
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Sidana
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you Ashleigh and Laurie for your help. But I just received another text and email saying it's a final reminder to return the kit and Virgin Media has applied a charge to my account and they'll credit back when the kit is returned (again!). Could anyone from the forum team please explain the situation and solve the issue. These texts and emails are getting confusing and annoying.

Thank you very much.

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Good afternoon @Sidana.

Thank you for coming back to us. 

I have checked the account and I can confirm that the equipment has been marked as returned. 

The text and emails are automatically generated and can be difficult to stop, but I can assure you that you will not be charged. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M 

0 Kudos