cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yet another customer with a Netflix activation issue

S_and_G_Murphy
Joining in

Hi all,

Im a recent Ultimate Volt bundle customer, got Virgin installed on Nov 4th and been unable to activate my free Netflix.

When I click on the link in the email I received saying I still hadnt activated it (ironic..) I get an error message, and when I log into my Vrgin account and go to "Entertainment Services" and click on Netflix, I get this:

S_and_G_Murphy_1-1700354645112.png

And then after a few seconds, this :

S_and_G_Murphy_0-1700354613057.png

Can any admin help ?

I have a current Netflix account I want to cancel, but am unwilling to do so until I get this up and running.

Many thanks

9 REPLIES 9

S_and_G_Murphy
Joining in

Wow, not a single reply ?!

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Can take 2 to 3 days for a staff member to get to your post from the date/time of the last entry. So bumping posts just gets you to the end of the queue. I doubt if anyone else can answer your question. This is not the prime point for contacting VM, that’s the telephone to customer services.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Hey S_and_G_Murphy, thank you for reaching out and a warm welcome to the community I am so sorry to hear about this.

Have you tried to activate this link on another device or browser at all? 

Does it always come back with this error? Cheers 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Having dealt with the staff at the end of the telephone, many, many times, surely you would understand that is exactly why I had put my post on a forum.........

Hi there

Thanks for coming back to us - some of our customers will come to the forums as a first point of contact, so we need to ensure we are going through the basics and all troubleshooting steps to cover all bases. I am sorry that you've had a hard time trying to get some help with this.

I've popped you over a private message so I can assist you further.

Beth

S_and_G_Murphy
Joining in

Hi, i resolved the issue myself in the end thankfully.

What was causing Netflix to "fall over" was that my own actual Netflix account had the same login name and password as my new Virgin Media account, so once I changed my "original" Netflix details, the new account free from Virgin worked fine, and I have cancelled my original account.

Hi @S_and_G_Murphy

Thank you for the update on this. I'm glad to hear that this has now been resolved for you.

Please do let us know if there's anything more that we can help you with.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

bbz149
Tuning in

I got a Link sent to me by Virgin, and just get this when I click on it. GREAT!!!

Sorry, something went wrong. Please go back to the Virgin Media website and try again.

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi, bbz149.
Thank you for taking the time to post on this thread and welcome back to the community! 🙂

We're sorry to see you're getting an error every time you're trying to activate Netflix via your VM account online, glad to see how we can assist with that.

In order to check this further and help out I'll send you a PM here shortly.
Please, check the top right-hand side of our page to find a little white envelope.
Click on this and you'll see my message.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs