Menu
fedecapuano
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Wrong Contract Sent

I called and was offered a rolling contract but received an 18 month contract. I specifically checked I was not going to have a rolling contract as I'm likely to move in the next 18 month and don't want to pay cancellation fees! 

I've spent hours on the phone the last 2 days and have been given a more expensive contract but that it would be rolling on the system and that I would have an updated contract. While your team say it will be fine I have absolutely nothing in writing to argue I shouldn't pay cancellation fees when you inevitably try and charge them.

It seems like Virgin Media are just trying to run down the time on my cooling off period so I'm stuck in a contract. Or so I cancel in that period and they don't have to deal with fixing it. 

I just want written confirmation that I am on a rolling contract at x price before I end up tied in a contract. I don't believe that's an unreasonable expectation!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wrong Contract Sent

What does it show in your account about it when you log in from the VM website?

Have you only just joined?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
fedecapuano
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

When I log on the site or My VM app it now shows that I have agreed to a new, more expensive, 18-month contract, which is NOT what I agreed on the phone. I had agreed for a slightly more expensive monthly plan, that would be a 30 day rolling contract with no cancellation fee.

I now find myself with the same contract I had before, but with more more expensive monthly payment than what I had agreed before asking to change to a 30-day rolling contract; which makes absolutely no sense. 

The fact that Virgin Media says something to customers on the phone to get them to agree to a plan, and then sends them an email with different terms to what was agreed on the phone is actually consumer fraud. They are now saying their call centers are closed so I can’t get through to a customer service agent.

If I cannot get resolution from Virgin Media in the next 3 to 4 days I will have to write to UK consumer rights. Thankfully I have recorded the call where I was promised a 30-day rolling contract. 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I have moved this to a more appropriate forum - I will also flag for a VM person to come here to advise

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
fedecapuano
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks for your help John

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi fedecapuano,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, I am sorry that you haven't had any confirmation about the roiling contract you discussed.

I have been able to have a look into your account and will be able to help you with this, I will send you a invite into a private chat as we will be discussing account specific information, please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi fedecapuano,

You are very welcome glad we could help, if you have any further issues please let us know.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos