Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Wrong Billing charge cuts off TV

Hi I recently upgraded to a better package. The offer and confirmation email stated there was no activation fee or instalation charge. No one off charges of any kind. But now there's a £100 charge which has caused the services of a single mum in lock down to be cut off.

All morning the call centres have given us the run around. The latest being told to talk to chat team on the website but can't find that option anywhere. 

I need this sorted ASAP for the sanity of a single mum. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wrong Billing charge cuts off TV

Hi Danny-D,

Welcome to our community and thanks for posting. Sorry to hear you're having issues with the bill, when you upgraded were you advised that your first bill with your new package would be a higher bill than normal?

When you make a change to any package you are always charge from the day you make the change until your bill is produced and 30 days going forward. 

Have you registered for online billing? If not you can do so here virg.in/myVM

If you wish to discuss your bill with an advisor you can send a message to  0753 305 1809, it is automated at the start, bit once you have passed this stage you will be transferred through to an agent to discuss this matter further.

Kind regards Jodi

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I understand the difference when it comes to first bill. What my problem is is there's an extra charge of £100 on the account. The automated txt service told me to call yous. The call centre told me to contact yous and now yous are sending me back to txt service.

While yous pass the buck, a single mother who is in lock down has no Internet or TV for her teenage son. 

I need to send a confirmation email I received which shows there should be no extra charges. But none of you are understanding the problem. 

So I'd like someone to contact me with an email address for me to forward my confirmation email showing no charges. I want the charge removed as its wrong and I wanted the services restored and some goodwil gesture. Otherwise I have to contact ofcom and my local MSP andMP. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Does the bill advised what the £100 is concerning? 

^Martin

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

It states that it's a good place activation charge. But there was no mention of this charge in the sign up or confirmation email. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Right I see. What I will need to do is private message you so we can look into this. 

^Martin

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

That's OK. How do we do this then. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team