cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Would like to cancel my services

Craig2022
Joining in

Hi I would like to cancel my services with you I have signed up to Giganet and their speeds are brilliant also UK call centres and no exit fees. I would rather someone from the Virgin Media team help me on here to cancel rather than calling as its a nightmare to actually get things done over the phone. I have had nothing but trouble with Virgin since August 2022 when I wanted to increase my internet speed to Gig1 and since then I was mis sold a package by one of your agents and it took me ages to resolved the issue and I have had my contract changed 4 times without my knowledge along with incorrect bills being taken out. 

6 REPLIES 6

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

Cancel by post (recorded delivery) by sending your 30 days notice to the address at section N of the T&Cs.  You should expect no acknowledgement of the cancellation - nothing, no email, no letter, although they will soon start making customer retention calls to try and offer you deals and promises that they wouldn't have before you cancelled.  If that strikes you as a waste of your time, you may want to state in the letter that you do not wish to be contacted by customer retentions, sales or "market research" callers, although only time will tell if they'll respect that instruction. 

I had five incoming calls from VM on my last day of connection, all in the hope of persuading me to stay with them.  As an aside, isn't it strange how VM can afford competent UK staff for sales and outbound retentions, but most times a customer has to contact them its through cheap offshore call centres staffed with barely trained, disinterested slaves?  Says something about the value they put on customers when their in a fixed term contract.

Note that due to the incompetently designed billing processes, you may to be billed again AFTER they've disconnected you because apparently 30 days isn't enough to finalise an account for this company.  My broadband connection finished this Wednesday and they'd previously sent an email saying that on Thursday they would be billing me for the next month, and that included a phone line charge for a line that was ported out six weeks ago.  On the day I can't see anything was taken out, My Virgin Media shows a bill of £00.00 for February (and a payment due date of 1 January!), but still a credit for £10 or so which I assume will be sent as  a cheque for the outstanding balance in several weeks time.  So I think they have got the billing roughly correct, that in fact I wasn't billed for a month I don't owe, but the clarity of pre-billing communication is outstandingly poor and inaccurate, and despite having my bank details to make an electronic credit they're going to use long winded and slow (and more costly for them) cheque process.

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Craig2022

Welcome to our community forums and sorry to hear you have been unable to contact us to process the cancellation. Unfortunately, we are unable to process this for you hear on the forums. As an alternative, please try one of the following methods: 

Whatapp: +447305 327 112 
Text: 0753 305 1809
Write to us: Please use the address in our Terms and Conditions (https://virg.in/legals).]

Once the team gets your request, we will process this for you https://www.virginmedia.com/help/cancel-virgin-media

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Ok so back to this post I originally created, I phoned to cancel my services and they have now told me they are going to charge me £288 exit fee due to me leaving with 11 months remaining on my contract they extended without my knowledge. You have also over charged me again this month (4th time) now £95 instead of £67.30 trying to talk to your customer service agents who are about as useful as a chocolate tea pot is impossible they don't have a clue what they are doing or what to do regarding my issues raised. I logged a complaint on my account on Sunday 19/02/23 and got a resolution response to my complaint 20/02/23 and it was complete nonsense totally unrelated to what my complaint was about clearly who ever dealt with the complaint didn't read my complaint seems like they couldn't be bothered, I want the complaint left open as it has not been resolved and I'm not happy with the complaint response you claimed my complaint was about trying to close my account and stated its already been done as the resolution that is not what the complaint was about obviously wasn't even looked at. I'm aware I've cancelled my services my complaint was regarding what I've written in this article along with more things. I've actually had enough and you have the cheek to call me to offer me heavy discount to stay with you, your having a laugh its run like a circus no one knows what they are doing errors keep reoccurring constantly over charging. Just to let you know I have emailed the ombudsman and informed them what's gone on and will be taking you on with the ombudsman. Its a wonder you have any customers I will never be re-joining you again I also want the packaging sent out to return my equipment this still hasn't  been sent out yet, or are you going to lie about that too and try and charge me for unreturned equipment.

That's all normal.  Don't pay the early termination fee, but if you can afford to do so leave the direct debit in place because cancelling it creates all manner of credit-history pain for you, but doesn't cause VM the slightest inconvenience.

Reply to the "resolution" that VM sent you asking for a deadlock letter immediately, as required by Section 12 of the Annex to Condition C4 of Ofcom's General Conditions of Entitlement, and with the deadlock letter escalate the matter to Ombudsman Services.  In that request cancellation of the contract without penalty, compensation for the unagreed new contract, for the poor complaint handling, for the charges made after you called to cancel, and the significant distress this has caused you.  

Thank you for your response and the information provided much appreciated 

Hi Craig2022,

I'm really sorry to hear there's a few issues with your billing and you're unhappy with the way we've handled your complaint. I'd really like to help you with this and address all of your questions/issues.

I've popped you over a private message so I can take your details and help further there. Please look out for my message over at the purple envelope.

Thanks

Beth