cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Worst ISP in UK

JoeCorb2
Joining in

I’ve had nothing but trouble for 4 years from virgin media, no engineer support and rarely customer support as they lie and deceive you to get you off the phone, when initially signing up to Virgin I asked for my bills to be set at the 20th of the month same as my other 20+ bills, this however was never done. I paid the late fees for the first 18 months or so and then decided to stop and just to pay whatever my actual package was, tried to get the date changed to be told until I pay the fees they cannot change my date thus leaving me to accrue fees every time as I refuse to pay my bill any earlier than I asked to be set. I now have 18 months of late fees and they have offered to remove 2 even though this is down to their failure to understand or even help. They have now issued a deadlock letter without even having contact with a manager. Constant phone calls to request a call back to hear the same old lies about how they’re busy. My internet drops out on a daily basis wether it’s for a few seconds or 15/20minutes it has done for years I’ve made numerous complaints to no avail they just send new equipment and hope that fixes the issue.

To finish things off the customer service agent I spoke to today couldn’t speak the best English and I couldn’t understand them for them to then be rude, laugh and audibly sigh when I ask him what he’s said.

Currently at the end of my tether with no plan to complain to CISAS or whatever it’s called as I don’t plan to waste anymore of my time with VM they can send the balance to the debt collection agency and I shall ignore them as VM ignored my pleas for help.

2 REPLIES 2

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

You'd be better involving CISAS.  Left to their own devices VM will treat non-payment as a default under a credit agreement, and share that with credit reference agencies.  You might avoid the debt collectors, but that default will hang round your neck like a smelly albatross, and it will stay there for the next six years, visible to landlords or mortgage lenders, credit card companies, all forms of car finance, all unsecured lenders like shop finance, mobile and landline telcos, service suppliers like energy or water, even some potential employers will check.

If you've already been paying late payment charges then there may already be brown marks on your credit history.  Ignoring the problem will make it worse for you, it won't matter one jot to a huge company like VM.

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi JoeCorb2, thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

Sorry to hear that you've not had any success changing your payment dates.  In order for us to be able to do so, there does need to be a balance of zero and an active direct debit.  This is usually after first payment is successfully made in full.  I can check on your behalf, but if a deadlock letter has indeed been issued to you, then it would mean that our company feel that we've exhausted all options of a mutual resolution.  I am going to send you a private message.  Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R