Menu
Ruthmcmason
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Wine Promotion not fulfilled

I signed up for the Player Bundle on 12th Feb 2019 which included 8 free bottles of wine.  Within 24 hours I contacted Virgin and upgraded to the Full House sports package which included 16 free bottles of wine, I was told on the chat and I also called up customer services to check that the offer of 16 bottles would be honoured and was told yes.  I only received 8 bottles. 

Since the 8 bottles I spoke to customer services on the phone several times only to be met with confusion about what to do.  In the end the resolution was to give me £10 credit.  I hastily agreed to this as I was distracted by my one year old.  On reflection I decided that £10 credit did not cover 8 bottles of wine.  Since then I complained again and was given a phone call on 27th May to be told the complaint will be processed again and I would receive a phone call within 7 days.  I've not received a phone call, and here I am complaining again. At a loss of what to do, as the complaints process doesn't work.  I signed up for an offer that has not been fullfilled.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wine Promotion not fulfilled

Hi Ruthmcmason, 

Thank you for getting in touch and welcome to the Community. 

Due to the nature of your concerns, I will need to access your account to review the recent complaint and the notes regarding the offers.

I will pop you over a private message requesting further details and we can go from there. 

The private message will be available via the purple envelope on the top right of this page. 

Please let me know if you have any problems, 

Thanks 

Nat
0 Kudos
Ruthmcmason
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wine Promotion not fulfilled

A timeline of events:

Purchase on 12th Feb, smaller package with 8 free bottles on wine.

Called up hour later to upgrade, assured we’d get the 16 bottle offer with the bigger full house sports package

21st March wine arrives, only 8 bottles.

21st March went on chat to enquire. They said call customer service. I called them, told to wait for call from rewards team. No call came

Called again a couple of weeks later, was told to speak to Virgin Wine

Called Virgin Wine straight away, they said speak to Virgin Media

Got tired of the treatment on the phone, went online to submit complaint form, a week or so later I got a call, was offered £10, was tired with a crying baby to deal with during the call so accepted out of frustration.

Later that day my husband came home and submitted another complaint form as he was furious that £10 was offered in return for 8 missing bottles of wine. A week or so later I got a call in which I was told to escalate the complaint it needed to be closed then reopened on their system, and that I’d get another call within 7 working days. No call came.

Then I came onto this forum. Was responded to via private message, and was told ‘there was no offer on at the time of purchase’. I have a screenshot with metadata showing the time of the screenshot proving the offer was on. Furthermore I did receive 8 bottles of wine - the smaller offer for the original package purchased, this also proves the offer was on. I have explained that the offer was on, and that I have 2 forms of proof, and that I was assured on the phone at the time of upgrade (an hour after original purchase) that I would get the 16 bottles as I bought the bigger package.

I am currently awaiting the reply and will share it here in this forum.

The treatment so far has been a disgrace.

0 Kudos
Ruthmcmason
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

RESPONSE FROM VIRGN: Re: Wine Promotion not fulfilled

Thank you for the screen shot Ruth. 

I can see that the offer of 16 bottles is showing below your original offer. The Rewards team have advised that you were not eligible for the offer of 16 bottles and they will not be able to process the request

to send the 8 additional bottles. 

I appreciate you had previously accepted £10 as a resolution to your complaint but no longer wish to accept the offer.  We would be more than happy to raise this matter as a new complaint but this would mean that the £10 credit will be removed from the account.  Once the £10 is removed and a new complaint is opened,  we cannot guarantee that the credit will be reapplied as a resolution. 

Would you like me to go ahead and raise the case for you?

My response:

We were told in no uncertain terms when upgrading the package an hour after the original purchase that we would receive 16 bottles of wine, and that I'm stunned at how bad the service has been and that I do want the case raised.

0 Kudos